Walton

Favorite Bill Walton quotes

Just a fantastic human-being. He’ll be sorely missed and was much needed in today’s society.

7 Likes

I’ve had 36 orthopedic operations, have two fused ankles, my knees, hands and wrists don’t work, I now have a fused spine, other than that, everything is great.

Bill Walton

8 Likes

“The Utes push the Buffalos off a cliff!”

“The Bachinski brothers remind me of cycling in Capitol Reef National Park”

“You know… some mushrooms are more magical than others”

“Jakob Poeltl is the finest export from Austria since Beethoven!”

9 Likes

“Oh, please! The officials should just blow the whistle and give the ball back to Utah. Anything else is a crime against humanity.”

I’m actually surprised how sad I am that he’s passed. Nobody will ever make me laugh doing color commentary the way he did.

12 Likes

Dave: What were you doing before you got here.
Bill: Burning sweet grass with a kindred spirit.
“The beginning of the Bill and Larry K pregame tradition.”

6 Likes

Uh oh.

Bill seeing John Stockton breaking open for a clean 3 point shot to beat Houston and go the NBA Finals.

8 Likes

Dave Pasch is a stud.

8 Likes

8 Likes

https://x.com/jeffpearlman/status/1795574764951761178?t=O4iM_mlJkPBTzd3-tOCJRg&s=19

LOL

10 Likes

Here is probably the best article I have read about Walton’s passing. By Charles Pierce, one of america’s greatest writers.

Joy is a key indicator of a healthy spirituality. Joy, in its classic sense, is not a synonym for happiness, but instead refers to zest for life. You can have an underlying zest for life whether you are happy or whether you are sad. — Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Since Bill Walton passed on Monday at the chronological age of 71, his spiritual age being somewhere between then and immortal, many stories have been told and almost all of them begin with some variant of, “Everybody has a Bill Walton story. This is mine.” So many people pass through their lives without touching anyone else’s. Between technology and the pandemic and a national zeitgeist that has traded commonwealth for angry solipsism, there are more of those people among us than ever before. So, in keeping with the trend of the day, and in tribute to the life of someone who went out of his way to touch as many other lives as possible during his time among us, this is my Bill Walton story.

6 Likes

Wooden’s Wisdom: What was it like to coach Bill Walton (youtube.com)

“Walton… when he entered the practice floor he was unselfish, worked hard… but when practice was over and he left, that’s when I began to worry”.

“Might be taking over the Administration Building, stopping traffic on Wilshire Blvd, interrupting classes to get petitions signed to impeach Nixon…”

10 Likes

He was the biggest promoter of the Pac12. He loved it.

6 Likes

Oregonian article from today

3 Likes

I teared up a little. Pretty sure it would have been a lot had I seen this in person.

3 Likes