Vacation suggestions

After three years of perpetual work, with basically only weekends off, I am looking to exit the area and get away for a week - week and a half.

Any suggestions of a good runaway would be greatly appreciated.

Glacier National Park

1 Like

If you ski I would suggest telluride or crested Butte. Both are stunningly beautiful.
Crested Butte has a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes and there’s no major national vendors in an old mining town. Excellent restaurants and 55 km of skate skiing - if you like cross country ski…
If you want to get away and go someplace warmer, then I would recommend either Hawaii or the Caribbean, specifically Antigua.

It sounds like you’ve been working really hard and I hope you deserve a well-earned vacation

1 Like

I went to Thailand last April … gawd I’m in love with that place now! Inexpensive and everything about it is wonderful. But it’s a 2-week minimum kinda thing b/c it’s 1/2 way around the world. Playa Del Carmen is a great choice for SLC’ers b/c you can usually find good prices for all-inclusives and it’s not a bear to travel to. Hawaii is awesome. South Florida. What kind of vacation are you looking for. Warm beaches? Cost. All these things factor in.

1 Like

This time of year warm is good. I like Mexico because it’s close enough, interesting, and affordable. Cancun is too crazy but year there (as mentioned), Playa del Carmen is nice for the resort type experience. Personally I prefer either Tulum or Isla Mujeres because they are more laid back and much cheaper. Either are easy to reach from the Cancun airport.

4 Likes

It depends on if you are looking to relax on your vacation or if you are thinking of something more adventurous. Personally, I do not usually lay on a beach and read a book or two as some do. Kuaui is always nice and can be relaxing as well. Costa Rica offers some relaxing options as well. But, if you are more adventurous I have done a ten day tour of Peru including Machu Picchu and it was awesome. I recently did a ten day tour of Ireland and absolutely loved it. You could add in London (also Stonehenge is incredible) or Paris either on the front end or the back end of your vacation. Whatever you choose to do, go all in.

2 Likes

Maui

Couldn’t post just just Maui because it didn’t meet the “five character rule.”

2 Likes

Maui wowie!
Great sorkeling
Lovely Island feel

Provo. The wildlife is very curious to observe. But be prepared for massive culture shock.

3 Likes

I grew up down there, graduated from MVHS’s first graduating class. Parents are buried there.

I should’ve gotten combat pay and free psych care for surviving that place. Of course being left-handed, born the day after Christmas and not living that life sort of made me the antichrist. :wink:

3 Likes

Do you snorkel? The best place I’ve ever been for that was Curaçao. The clearest water I’ve ever seen and a series of little beaches each with a small cafe and dive shop along the NW part of the island. A 50 ft or so deep reef runs off shore less than 100 yds out and it’s amazing.

3 Likes

Sounds amazing
Snorkeling is awesome

1 Like

And easy. Virtually anyone who can swim even a little can do it.

When. We are going to the Florida Keys for Christmas. Already booked our deep sea fishing expeditions.

Costa Rica!

I could not agree more, we love this place.

While I already responded, I’ll add USVI. I’m mid return from a week in St. Thomas with one day spent on St. John and a day trip to Virgin Gorda which is BVI. It’s our third time there and we’ve loved every one.

1 Like

[Raising hand. The left one.]