Utes women's BB just spanked #16 OU...124-78

This team is so fun to watch. Ball movement. Help defense.

I watched the second half, this Utes team looked really good.

1 Like

I realize it’s early in the season, but GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY. Ive never seen a D1 WBB score of that nature, myself… I might just have to mosey on up to JMHC for first time in a decade to catch a game or three.

3 Likes

Based on this score, and the feedback from the Extra Point guest Kennady McQueen a few weeks back… I think this Lynn Roberts can really coach!

3 Likes

Here is her postgame interview

1 Like

Thanks for posting the highlights. Pili had some nice dimes in that package, in looking at the box score she had 3 assists, but golly, they were good.

Shot only 33% from three, yet had an overall FG% of 55%. Lots of layups which matches the 33 assists to 45 baskets made, only 12 baskets in the game without an assist.

1 Like

Given we were playing #16, I tuned in at halftime hoping to see we were competing and saw we were up by 15. Settled in to see if we could hold onto the lead and our ladies just ran the Sooners out of the building. Crazy to beat them by 46. Wasn’t a minnow last night, but a rather strong team that they took apart.

1 Like

No fair ! I saw women and spanked in the headline and this is what I get?:pensive:

1 Like

What do you think this is? The cougar board?

2 Likes

Hah ! Waiting for a bubbling thread!

1 Like

I don’t really follow women’s basketball, but I casually keep an eye on how the Lady Utes are doing. But good grief, I’ve never seen a basketball team—men’s or women’s—beat a higher-ranked team by 46 points. Wow!

3 Likes

We may never see another game like that one again. An historic beat down against a highly ranked team. Almost surreal watching it unfold in front of us.

1 Like

Well, yesterday I took the dive and bought two season-tickets. Irrespective of how the Utes wbb season plays out, I’m going to support the team. The team is just so fun to watch. Coach Roberts also signed a couple of seemingly very good prospects, both are over 6’2". As a vball season-ticket holder, guess I’m all in on the ladies.

5 Likes

I think this Coach is a worhty scuccessor ( with some hiccups) to Elaine Elliott

2 Likes

Don’t often see this.

2 Likes

Not even enough walk-ons to field a team? I feel bad for their situation and hope everyone heals and gets well, but this makes the conference look bad.

1 Like

There’s a minimum scholie players requirement.

Google shows ASU has 14 players on its roster, how can 10 of them be injured?

Seems fishy to me, unless its COVID or the flu, then I get it

1 Like

Need a minimum of 7 scholarship players. I think ASU had 8, but didn’t want to risk it.

1 Like

Situation reminds of a few years ago where lots of events would be postponed/cancelled due to Covid outbreaks.

1 Like