Utes vs. SoCal Bears…who do you have winning this one?

The defense needs to continue to improve, but I’ve been impressed by the clinical, methodic work the offense is doing. 1st 3 drives were all 7-10 plays, 75 yards, ~3:30 TOP. The INT and quick score (TD!) was a great way to make the TO hurt. Using most of our weapons. Lloyd back after half, but we saw what happened last week – we have to keep going and being aggressive.

2 Likes

Wish I was at the game, had to pass my tickets on, and I don’t want to jinx us, so I won’t make a prediction at this point, but RUN, BABY RUN!!!

1 Like

too many of those keepers for Rising. if he gets hurt we are in trouble

1 Like

Thomas looking great. Pledger adding great runs. Rising picking his spots. And good blocking is generally happening. And now we see Curry. Still need to get the ball to Kincaid, Kuithe, Covey, Vele, but running will open up some big play action plays.

1 Like

Yeah, and if he does, take the yards you can get and slide. A couple extra yards are not worth it.

1 Like

5 for 5 on 4th downs

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Upside is we did hold them to 10pts while running over them.

1 Like

Agree, but surprisingly, so far, they have not been able to stop the run reliably. Until they do, run it, and the Kincaid, Kuithe, Covey, Vele really open up.

GO UTES!

2 Likes

Frustrating. Maybe not updated, but gamecast has 4-4 on 4th for UCLA. With 3-9 on 3rd, that essentially makes it 7-9 on keeping the drive alive (1 INT, 1 punt). Will need to do better than that to keep our defense from wearing down in the 2nd half.

Seems like it’s been a bend but don’t break defense. Not enough confidence that overcommitting wouldn’t turn into a big play perhaps?

1 Like

Getting pressure on Garber seems to do more good than prevent and it’s something we need 5 for

1 Like

No let up guys. Peddle to the metal time.

a stop on 4th

1 Like

And that didn’t work well :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So I’m a ‘little’ less included to complain about Whitt not taking the points :frowning:

1 Like

Utes needed that IMHO.

ok, things settling down a little. Defense forcing UCLA off the field. Offense still moving - just need to keep it clean on the penalties.

Not like the defense optional 42-38 halftime score 45 minutes to the south (sorry, they showed the highlights and that is insane for a half).

Well, that was neat I guess.

Rising is our new Punter!

And special teams (Rising) doing well. :slight_smile:

Very sloppy second half so far for the offense. Too bad. This is a good chance to slow this thing open. and I love Covey, but he can’t drop those kinds of passes.

2 Likes