Another nice win. Sac St has some shooters, but the Utes handled them well. Sac St had no talented size, so it remains to be seen how the Ute bigs will do against a stronger front line.
I didn’t know Sac St was the Hornets. I always thought Hornets would be a good nickname if we had to abandon Utes. Plenty of hornets in Utah!
I saw Madsen not dressed. At halftime they mentioned he was injured and out 2-3 weeks. Anyone know the injury?
When the game got out of hand, Cravens filled time by going into overdrive with folksy sayings. One made me chuckle. Something about doubling up the rebounding total was the equivalent of stealing their lunch money. Could have done without most of them.
- The D was very good, especially the 3pt D which was dismal last year.
- Once again the rebounding was outstanding. Anthony with 16!
- Passing was good. 18 assists on 28 baskets.
- Carlson looked great on the offensive end, but 1 rebound ain’t gonna cut it going forward.
- Solid first effort for Gach.
- Bostyn Holt got some run and looked like he belongs. He’s very athletic. Maybe, just maybe, Smith has found his 9th man?
- The shooting woes continue. 45/30/72 isn’t awful, but it’s not very good.
- The turnover problems continue. Utes were -6 in turnovers vs a poor team.
- Neither Gach or Stefanovic stepped up and grabbed the backup PG title.
- After looking stellar vs ACU, Worster and Jenkins struggled vs Sac St
Next up is Bethune-Cookman, rumored to be one of the worst teams in the country. The Wildcats are an HBCU out of Daytona Beach, FL. Game is Tuesday night at 8PM mtn time on PAC-12 mtn. Thank you Sunshine Slam.
Things get more competitive after this one.
My 2 cents.