Utefans.net get together(s)

Hey Everyone!

I had lunch with @IrvingWashington today and had a nice chat about the West Desert among other things. We discussed the possibility of having some Utefans.net events this year and I wanted to see who was up for something of that nature. So whether it’s laser tag, a squirt gun fight, a watch party, or a luncheon, I’m hoping we can find some time this year to meet in person! One thing that has been discussed a few times is a BBQ, and I’d love to use this thread to brainstorm some ideas.

What I’ve noticed meeting the members of the board is a passionate dedication to UF.N that in some cases goes back decades. In an effort to preserve the brand and the community I thought it would be good for us to get together periodically, schedules permitting.

I’m in. Luncheon or BBQ sounds great.

2 Likes

The watch parties have been fun. The BBQ years ago was fun; but as a person over a certain age now, I need to avoid being pancake blocked by one of the players throwing around the ball.

Road trips to games have always been a worthy activity, too. I could be fun to take over a bar in Tempe or Tucson for a pregame meal and adult beverages. It will take a little more of a logistical planning for some of the other venues (though Seattle is probably easy to cobble together a plan for).

FWIW

1 Like

I’m always up for any of the above! And if we latch onto a specific idea, let me know how I can help in planning and/or execution. We could do some watch parties for men’s (should it happen) or women’s (more likely this year) NCAA tourney games.

2 Likes

@salUTE We should explore options for both WBB & MBB March Madness events, which could be a lot of fun. I think a good meeting place is Fiddler’s Elbow as that seems to be the official UF.N sports bar. I’m open to all sorts of suggestions. The point is to see if we can convene on a semi regular basis moving forward. It would be a good opportunity to hand out t-shirts and get to know people from the board!

4 Likes

The PAC conference tournament would be a good place to start. The men will have at least one game, and the women could have a few.

2 Likes

I’m game if its during the day, and if LA Ute agrees to come.

1 Like

I’ve warned you over and over to stay away from him. What got into you?

2 Likes

Great Idea, I’ll watch the schedule as the seeding is announced, reserve a table at Fiddler’s for the first game and post an invitation!

3 Likes

Sounds good.

1 Like

It seems that Webmonkey (RIP) excelled at UF.N events, though I never attended one.

1 Like