Utah WBB vs UA today

Big game today.

3 Likes

darn. PAC12 Network. Wish it was on the deuce or something.

1 Like

Halftime, Utah down 40-44.

UA is very athletic and has size.

2 Likes

Crap, now down 53 -63. End of 3rd.

1 Like

72 - 82. Really had hoped we could have gone undefeated until the Stanford game.

We just don’t match well with UA.

1 Like

Lots of hustle but too many turnovers and couldn’t hit the 3. Didn’t look like themselves. Credit a good Arizona club and great home court atmosphere.

1 Like

Missed free throws and missed 3’s in the second half, spelled doom. I mean despite the shooting issues, this team was right there within 4 with a couple of minutes left, but couldn’t get a big stop.

It certainly has a different feel when you are the hunted rather than the hunter. Does that #1 for AZ hardly not miss any shots if not pumped up from the crowd?

1 Like

The ‘Zona team is good; and getting to play Utah at home gave them a boost, too. Our shooting was really cold, and their shooting was lights out.

If we were going to lose a game before the showdown at the end of the season with ‘Furd, this was the most likely one.

1 Like

I also don’t think we match well with the likes of Zona and Stanford. Our interior defense is, IMO, just average to subpar. Our interior offense, sans Pili, also is barely average. When Pili is doubled in the interior by superior athletes who have height advantage, she’s great at finding open shooters; thus, when our shooting goes cold, oops.

1 Like

Utes won a tight one against ASU.

UA just spanked the Buffaloes 61 - 42.

1 Like

PAC 12 WBB has been a pretty cutthroat affair. Glad we are having such a great season.

1 Like

Oh, btw, today’s win was without Pili, who got injured during the UA loss.

1 Like

I seem to remember Pili came back for a few minutes after the injury in Tucson so hopefully they kept her out today as a matter of precaution as they will need her in the coming weeks.

Sun Devils, winless in the conference, played us tough today.

1 Like

With Pili out, I was hoping to see McFarland step up, but after all the injuries, she is rusty. Rees is decent, but doesn’t get a lot of minutes and is a bit slow.

As for offense, I thought Johnson did a nice job of filling in on interior points today. She had a good game.

But, as always, Kneepkens is the star, it seems that how she goes, so goes the team. Against UA, her shooting wasn’t quite there, but against ASU, she was able to drive and get to the basket.

I like it when this team draws fouls, they are good at that, and their free throw shooting is great, usually excepting UA.

1 Like