Utah vs Stanford MBB Thread

I thought I’d get this thread started a little early. TBH, I don’t know a lot about Stanford this season other than that they are 8-7 overall and 3-2 in conference play with an impressive win over AZ. I think this will be a test judging by what I heard during the UCLA postgame show, not to mention it’s on the road. I feel we need to at least break even on the road this season to have a shot at the Tourney. Thoughts?

Agree

3 Likes

We need this win for no other reason than to show the kids they can do it.

GO UTES!!!

CHOP DOWN THE TREES IN THEIR OWN HOUSE!!!

5 Likes

Furd definitely is trending in the right direction. It has several highly regarded freshmen who have made meaningful progress in the past few weeks. Should be interesting.

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/basketball/stanfords-kanaan-carlyle-highlighted-as-one-of-college-basketballs-freshmen-to-watch

2 Likes

Set your expectations aside, root for the Utes, hope for a road win.

Wazzu beat U of Pay today. The wildcats are wildly inconsistent, especially on the road, so that Stanford victory may not be that significant.

Go Utes!!!

4 Likes

Stanford is currently 85 in KenPom. A road win - especially a convincing one - would help the Utes for sure.

4 Likes

Good start. Lovering goes out with an ankle injury. Shooting well. I like when Madsen attacks the basket and would like to see him do that more.

Worster out, Lovering out.

Injuries? Or fouls?

Injuries.

Utes need a strong half. Carlson needs to stop thinking he’s Steph Curry.

2 Likes

Kind of an unfortunate hit to our momentum there in the last 30 seconds or so. Oh,well.

Just judging from the TV picture, it looks like Stanford’s home attendance makes ours look good by comparison.

1 Like

Stanford has all the momentum. Brandon has been awful. No way he plays in the NBA.

This isn’t a tournament team.

1 Like

Looks like Stanford came out of the halftime break better prepared than the Utes,

1 Like

Stanford isnt bad, they have talent

1 Like

Bajema! We’ve got a game!

We just need a good possession or two to regain control. 60-62 Stanford.

Outplayed. Plain and simple. Having Worster in the game would have helped. Does anybody else have a view on why Branden was playing out on the perimeter so much?