Utah vs Kensucky

I was more upset with burning clock and playing tentatively. Almost cost us the game. I am happy we won, beyond happy. I was crying tears if joy watching us beat Big Blue Nasty…I’d just like to see us play aggressive until the end.

2 Likes

I don’t think that was entirely strategic. Kentucky really upped the defensive intensity with about 10 minutes to go. We weren’t running clock intentionally; we just couldn’t get good looks. The aggressive attack that worked so well early was ineffective later and led to turnovers.

In short, it’s a good thing games are 40 minutes and not 45.

2 Likes

Kentucky’s a really bad 3pnt team one of the worst in college basketball great strategy. Make them win by shooting the 3.

2 Likes

After watching the game on YouTube, I’m going to contradict my statement above regarding Bill Walton, colorful is one thing, but his shtick has gotten to be too much.

He just needs to learn when to shut up.

2 Likes

He detracted more than he added to the commentary. Annoying.

This from Kragthorpe accurately describes the nerve-wracking part of the game, but IMO also underscores one of the great parts about the game, that these very young Utes hung in there and did not fall apart.

The Utes (9-2) made enough mistakes against Kentucky to remind you of their youth and inexperience. Seventeen turnovers yielded 20 second-chance points. Within those 17 turnovers were lazy passes and sloppy ball-handling, especially late when the Wildcats ripped off six points in 37 seconds to tie the game at 66.

Conversely, they made enough plays late to escape, Allen’s one-foot floater over Nick Richards to break a 66-all tie with 1:21 left, Battin drawing a charge with 23 seconds left chief among them. With that, the ongoing fascination with this team now zeroes in on the obvious question of how they handle some real prosperity.