Utah vs Colorado MBB

One way to lose a 10 point lead with under two minutes is to turn the ball over!

1 Like

And way south again. lol

Admittedly I don’t watch a lot of basketball anymore but are moving screens not fouls and (especially) 3 seconds in the paint not a turnover anymore? Or are the refs just phoning it in?

1 Like

Or foul jump shooters from just inside the arc.

Kind of surprising that the team is having such trouble dealing with this trapping press. Making the game much more interesting than it needs to be.

1 Like

They didn’t start the clock until about 5 seconds into CU’s last possession.

The player hadn’t touched the ball yet.

No the prior one. PG was dribbling, clock stopped.

This is terrible way to close the game. Ugh.

3 Likes

I feel like this has been the case with every Utah team post-Majerus. That and inbounding. Now a new twist with this team: free throws.

2 Likes

I hope we don’t see anybody standing around again when we’re trying to inbound the ball against the press.

1 Like

Exactly. It should be so easy to get free if you’re moving. Set a screen!

1 Like

Can we get anybody but Erickson to guard Simpson?

I agree. It’s terrible. Over and over just run around him

1 Like

Well all things said, that was a big win. Not just because it’s another Q1 win on the rĂ©sumĂ©, but it should be a confidence builder for this team going into a critical stretch.

3 Likes

had em all the way

13-0 at home

2 Likes

It made a big difference to have Lovering back—another big body—especially against Lampkin Jr. (Hate to see what Sr looks like)—he is HUGE.
Rollie had a smaller device on his foot—more like a shoe/previously like a boot. They could use his D.

What was up when refs stopped the game near the end after Utes had in-bounded the ball? Buffs were out of timeouts.??

3 Likes

Lawson was the X factor today, definitely. In a game where Branden has 5 points(!) and Keita had 4, Lovering delivers 9 points and 8 boards, first game back after injury.

I thought CU had a great gameplan, the trap really created problems, but credit to Craig Smith for the baseline lateral out of bounds pass to break it up.

Nice win with our superstar having an off night.

Crazy stat of the game: Keita had zero fouls. Runner up: Gabe and Deivon were the only two Utes in double figures.

4 Likes

That really is a crazy stat. Think I’d rather see him get 3-4 fouls while being disruptive. But, a win is a win.

2 Likes

From a pet peeves thread:

The trivialization of the word SUPERSTAR. Seemingly every third entertainment celebrity or athlete, the majority who I’ve never even heard of, is now deemed by the lame stream media as a superstar. There should be a discrete and finite number of the people that can be described as a superstar, similar to how there are only a finite number of bitcoins. As the dollar is losing it’s value, we also have superstar inflation (everybody gets a trophy). Maybe someone should maintain a list, say of 200 individuals for which you are allowed to associate with the term. If a new person is required to be on the list, someone has to come off. Forget about issues like illegal immigration, Russia’s recent deployment of the most formidable nuclear weapon ever created (the RS-28 ICBM, a.k.a., Satan II), or the 31 trillion national debt (put aside 75 trillion in unfunded liabilities), the superstar problem is the greatest threat to our way of life in the U.S.

1 Like

How Utah is so good (minus some head-scratching moments toward the end) at home and can’t win on the road is so maddening and bizarre.

3 Likes