Utah vs. Bellarmine

13-13 early

37-26 at the half. Good guys.

The box score is all Utes.

1 Like

Madsen has hit a few threes to extend the lead to 15

Up by 30 now.

2 Likes

Well, we emptied the bench and got production from everyone. Blowing the doors off of these guys is nice, but I don’t know what our team learns in these sorts of games.

2 Likes

We blew them out with Carlson only putting up 6

2 Likes

Blowing past the spread is good for the NET. The guys over at USU that run “Bracketologists” have pretty much documented that. That’s why BYU’s NET is so good is they are blowing out cupcakes.

3 Likes

Well, the non conference schedule is over. I hope the success spills into PAC 12 play.

2 Likes

Madsen is usually the best player on the floor and he’s an NBA talent. His step back and fade away threes are big-time.

1 Like
  • No serious injuries

• Deivon Smith got quality minutes & got into a nice game flow. The alley oop off the board from Erickson to Deivon was impressive.

• Similar nice evolution from Lovering, who can spot up from 15, with good form. Fundamentally sound, 7-1 with a good frame, long arms, should help stabilize the middle a little more than we’ve had vs PAC inside talent.

The competition level sky rockets from here, but we’ve been there, before.

4 Likes

That was fun to see the payback assist after Smith had gotten the ball crisply to Erickson for a three on the prior possession. Listening to Smith on the post game radio made me think he’s a great kid. He really gushed about the closeness of the team and how so many of them helped him get acclimated when he arrived. That play illustrates how that stuff can translate to the floor.

3 Likes

Yep, absolutely. I’ve been paying attention to Exacte, see what his body language is. He’s been dialed in. A great sign, hope we him back sometime soon.

4 Likes

Exacte’s injury status must be locked in a vault in the bowels of Fort Knox. Does anyone know what the injury is and is there any best-guess time table for return?