Utah v Oregon State

how is it that we’re ahead and i’m more worried than if we were behind

If you can’t shoot, can’t defend, and can’t pass, then what? This applies to more than one Utah players.

Gach and Battin are just turnover machines.

Thanks Gach.

turnover machine. how many does he have today?

box score has him at 6. 17 total for the team. ugh

Predictable.

They deserved to lose. Wasted a fantastic performance by Plummer.

1 Like

Gag…choke…gurgle.

Son of a …

why didn’t we call a TO there at the end. Not sure it would have mattered, but why?

1 Like

If you didn’t know Lucas hit his last 3 3-pt shots, you have no clue what you are doing.

I held my tongue this season as far as the team goes, but the team is a joke. Battin/Brenchley, and potentially Gach, can all transfer and wouldn’t bother me one bit.

2 Likes

It’s not like anyone would notice. Battin and Brenchley are more use on the bench than they are on the floor where they are generally a net negative. Gach has his games but man… he looks like a kid who is incredibly gifted but is still just learning the game at times… He’s like a version of a truly elite player in 8th grade.

Larry’s team don’t play good basketball. That guy had made two threes in a row and Timmy is playing 15 feet away from him, then tries to take a charge instead of guarding him.

This is why Larry has an abysmal record in close games and also why even his best team lost 10 games.

1 Like

I’ve had my fill of Larry. And everyone on the team and staff owe Plummer a huge apology. What a tremendous effort just wasted.

1 Like

It’s just little things like this… He’s hot, yet we give him 3 wide open 3’s down the stretch. The one up 4 that we gave up was totally unacceptable considering he was hot and a 2 doesn’t kill you (you have to play straight up and not collapse on D.
The last one was bad too but up 1 the rim at least needs to be protected a bit (but you can’t leave that guy open again, make Tinkle shoot a 3 if anything). And we screwed up by not playing 2 for 1 and running the clock down our last possession and then forcing it into a turnover… they have to stop doing that.

1 Like

Does anybody here still think Gach ought to play the 1?

1 Like

I think it’s coaching as much as player. Talking trash on our young guys doens’t help much in terms of keeping a team together (which is exaclty what we need to do with this young team) We are almost all freshman with a few sophs. I’m frustrated too but some of the negativity and saying players will transfer isn’t helping the program. We keep most of thsed kids and add the good class and we are def much better next year and in the tourny. Battin struggled a bit late, Gach did for a bit but recovered. Brenchley is a local kid who can shoot well (even if he struggled a bit late he was at 37% which is decent for a freshman. We need a few better players of course but the coaching has to improve too. The shot clock violations over and over are unacceptable. Lets keep the majority if these guys for a few years and see how it works out. The transfer portal is killing college sports if anything.

I would love to see what Larry’s record is in one- or two-possession games. It has to suck pretty badly.
Oregon would have run Utah out of the gym (like usual). Still, a W today would’ve been nice.

LOL no. I thought it was a bad take when the guy posted that he should start over Jones at the 1 next year. It’s pretty apparent now that it wasn’t just a bad take, it was an ALL TIME bad take.