Utah Tech rebranding gets an A+

Um…wat?

1 Like

Just look at it and then you won’t unsee it. The “teeth” are beaks. Same school that did Penis tongue logo:

1 Like

lol. These are hilarious and you are right - once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad athletics logo with a little extra detailing. The interlocking U is bad. Therefore, not slander.

So pro crow sex and wildcat penis tongue but anti interlocking U. Agree to disagree.

2 Likes

CAW CAW

Hard disagree here. I’m sorry, but if you rate the boring block U above the interlocking U’s, your taste is suspect. Drum and feather will always be my favorite for sentimental reasons.

4 Likes

Wait, you’re suggesting that the Interlocking U design isn’t boring on top of being terrible? I think the Block U needed some development, but as a design is still light years better than the Interlocking logo. And yes, the D&F is classic.

My only gripe with Utah Tech is the name is a retread. Utah Tech (Orem-Provo, Salt Lake) hung on those schools for decades before their transitions. In the case of those two earlier schools, they actually were tech schools. They taught skilled trades alongside University prep courses.

Dixie never did. It taught white-collar two year programs and university prep courses. I went JUCO to knock out my lib eds.

LOL, now I can’t unsee it.

Which is funny, as I stared at it for longer than I should have yesterday trying to see it and…nothing.

3 Likes

UK has a weird history of sexual logos.

1 Like

Wait. I am not sure exactly what this means. Our state is negative? I mean there are certainly elements of our state that I could live without, but… negative space pays homage to the state? I guess that is why people smarter than I design this stuff.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation Rocker. Now I see it. If it is databases or music or history, I am there. Clearly, however, I know nothing about graphic design.

1 Like

That negative space circle in the “d” is genius!