Utah’s first schedule in the B12

My guess is that we’ll do fairly well if we stay healthy. My question is, if we run the table does the lack of marquee matchups hurt our chances at a CFP run? Probably.

Do we have a 2-year transition period?

Hey, maybe one of those teams will be ranked by the end…

Still waiting on the last OOC game

3 Likes

Meanie!

2 Likes

Maybe we should call U$C to come to RES, or would that hurt our SoS? I kid, I think that there aren’t any openings on their schedule that matches ours. Although the hypothetical about them hurting our SoS is valid.

3 Likes

Why. We win we’re in.

With Oregon and Washington going to the B1G, maybe we see a western team make the playoff when it goes to an almost all at-large selection. The LA Yoko’s and bRuins will never get a sniff, which is a well deserved fate for the schools that broke up the band. They can enjoy their rolling in mediocrity, but they did get paid. :wink:

2 Likes

Two thing, it’s a 12 team playoff. Not really a problem. Second, There are currently two top 25 teams on that schedule. The same amount of Top 25 teams Michigan played this season in the regular season.

I agree that we should be in given a 12 team format. However, even though we’ve beaten Michigan the last 3 times we’ve played them, I don’t think the powers that be put us in the same echelon as Meatchicken.

2 Likes

eh. I think this is the Ute syndrome where everyone thinks they will be overlooked. The country has seen your program go to the Rose Bowl and dominate the Pac-12. This isn’t 2009 anymore.

2 Likes

I feel that we’ve seen the last visit of the USC (and their band playing those 2 songs about 500 times apiece) to Rice-Eccles for a rather long time. (unless of course we host them in a potential playoff game)

2 Likes

Oh well, their loss I suppose.

2 Likes

I could forsee IUtah winning the Big XII and getting seeded #7 through 12. The days of Utah getting a top 1-6 seed are likely behind us.

1 Like

Likely that 2 SEC teams and 2 BIG teams get top 6 seeds. That only leaves 2 for the ACC and the Big 16 to fight over. And if the champ of the Big 16 has a loss, then…

1 Like

Y’all forget that TCU made the top 4 last year? Also, Big XII is on par with ACC. I doubt we see the two conferences get 1-6. The Conference Champs from the P4 will get 1-6 seeds.

I spaced on the 12 team playoff.

We should already have it. This is the perfect season for it as we walk in with 4 undefeated and 4 one-loss teams. I hated just doing four teams. Do 2 or 16. I guess we had to go to 4 to get to 12 and there is not any want for 16.

So, do we still not know who the 12th game will be against? The last I remember it was supposed to be announced in a couple of weeks, which was at least a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

We are playing BYE in our third OOC game.:wink:

[quote=“NewbombTurk, post:18, topic:8943”]

So, do we still not know who the 12th game will be against? The last I remember it was supposed to be announced in a couple of weeks, which was at least a couple of weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/MarkHarlan_AD/status/1729969623653863754?t=mpxjqU2DzTDmk5j4Z-DCuA&s=19

Yes, this is turning into someones health care promises

3 Likes