Utah/Oregon

5:30MT on ABC

Utah is 60%+ chance to win according to FPI. And opening lines at at 2.5

4 Likes

if you throw out last year, Utah is 9-0 in their last 9 regular November games. Whatever that November bugaboo was in the past seems to have been fixed

8 Likes

Until the punting game has been fixed, I’m not so sure I would say the bugaboo is in the past.

4 Likes

I think before, it was injuries and depth issues. We have definitely improved in those areas.

2 Likes

I’m calling the Arizona game wake up call. Let’s hope I am right, because when the 2021 Utes are at their best, they are more than a match for Oregon.

1 Like

I hate those early morning games.

6 Likes

Oregon’s pass rush concerns me. Utah will have a tough time protecting Rising. Also, their QB, while not a great thrower, makes plays with his legs. The special teams had better wake up. And I think Utah will need to force two or three turnovers.

3 Likes

The offense was fine save for a few long yardage plays called back on penalties. One of Risings best games in some ways even with the star RB out.

The super young D, loaded with freshman, is where the Utes struggled the most IMHO. But their freshman making mistakes was from trying too much. In one sense, you’ve got to love the passion.

Harness that, Utes will shine!

5 Likes

This is an interesting article about ESPN/ABC production for PAC-12 games.

I put it here because it addresses the crew and equipment for the game this Saturday, including a skycam

4 Likes

Further proof (as if any was needed) that Disney is the absolute worst.

4 Likes

I admit I’m fighting my Utes fan PTSD. We have not done well in high-stakes, prime-time nationally broadcast games (except for the Sugar bowl 13 years ago). I’m hoping.

7 Likes

Josh Newman has a persuasive take on whether it matters that Utah beats Oregon. (I dislike the idea that we shouldn’t try to win every game.)

2 Likes

Wilner’s pick and analysis.

1 Like

Don’t necessarily disagree with him, but it’s also interesting to note he’s sub .500 in his picks against the spread. There’s a reason he’s a writer and not Kenny Rogers.

4 Likes

I don’t know what to expect. I’m thrilled to be going. I expect to have no voice on Sunday.

2 Likes

I am hoping for 62-20. I am fearing the BSu beatdown of 2006 (3-36).

1 Like

Mycah Pittman announced he is leaving Oregon. Not sure how much this affects them.

He hasn’t played much this year, so it’s probably not a huge loss.

From bspn:

Up for grabs: Utah and Oregon chase Pac-12 division titles
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham played it cool. He mentioned how this was just another game and how the Utes were treating it exactly as such.
4h AP
Matchup Predictor
ORE 38.2% / UTAH 61.8%
According to ESPN’s Football