Utah officially has joined the Big 12!

The Utah athletics website has been updated to reflect this change:

utahutes.com

I wish I was excited at some level. But this feels like a bus stop I don’t want to be at in a sketchy neighborhood while I’m waiting for a ride somewhere nicer.

All while the nicer parts of town are under construction and the city keeps changing the zoning laws.

I suspect I’ll be in this limbo state for a couple more years. That being said it’ll be nice to see Cam and Kuithe on the field and I will root for a healthy year for both regardless of who we play.

7 Likes

Nobody knows what the future holds. With every year, things change - reasons for concern, reasons for optimism, etc.

I never imagined the U would grow up so much. In 25 years, we’ve grown far beyond what anyone could have reasonably hoped for in the 80s.

But back then, we enjoyed cheering on the Utes, keeping things in perspective, grumbling about the national state of the economy and politics, but escaping all that on Saturdays, or enjoying fall in Utah.

I’m going to revert back to the optimism and learned resilience of the MWC days - one game at a time, savor the successes, shake off any stumbles.

One step at a time.

10 Likes

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I’m fine…this is fine.

7 Likes

also known as the Allstate, State Farm or Spirit Airlines conference

6 Likes

Am I the only one who isn’t excited at all? I remember when we joined the Pac12, it was so thrilling. Academic schools. No byu-provo and their delusional fans. I couldn’t care less about UCF or West Virginia (though I hate them from my Syracuse years) or Cincinnati.

10 Likes

No.

7 Likes

Snoringwakes up… is it kickoff time yet?

No

Goes back to sleep

3 Likes

I like the Truck Stop Conference presented by Flying J

6 Likes

The Flyover Conference, presented by Frontier Airlines.

5 Likes

The Grain Belt Conference brought to you by ConAgra.

4 Likes

I believe the percentage of serious Utah fans who are excited about the B12 is around 5%.

5 Likes

If I wasn’t pumped there’s no way I could justify the ticket prices or the time commitments. Bring it I say.

1 Like

I’m excited to watch Utah play football. Period.

It’s cliche, but it’s true - the most important game on the schedule is the next one, whether it’s SUU, Baylor or a team in Logan that is in serious-as-a-heart-attack circling the wagons mode, and the 9 games that are printed on the schedule after those.

Respect the process and respect the opponent, because they don’t care about recruiting rankings or gambling lines or what conference you’re in.

They want to win so bad they can taste it.

I’ve been fortunate to watch coaches like Mac, Urban and Whitt mold teams that make us proud to be Utes. It’s impressive to watch, and you can’t help but absorb that singularity of focus, that team that is greater than the sum of the parts.

When the team is dialed in, I’m dialed in. It’s that simple. Everything else is a distraction that can wait until January. The days are getting shorter, camp is underway… Our team is coming together. Time to dial in.

I can feel it in my bones. I wish the SUU game was today.

12 Likes

I have not been too excited for this season, but as it gets closer I am getting more excited. Once it gets rolling I’ll be into it. There are some good to very good teams in the league. It will not be the cake walk some seem to think it will be.

3 Likes

I am excited for the year. This is fine opportunity for Utah to make a run in the playoffs. The B12 can work out well for us. Win (without injury) and advance.

Besides- there is nothing I can do about it so why not focus on the positives and enjoy watching my team play some great football?

4 Likes

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic is extremely high on KJ Jefferson at UCF. Semmingly a Cam Newton type player and coached by Gus Malzahn. That road game in Orlando over Thanksgiving may not be that easy.

2 Likes

Fanfest is August 17 from 7-9 p.m.

4 Likes

:grimacing:…sorry about that.

FTFO!