Utah Basketball 2023-2024 Recruiting

You are correct. Now he is a dermatologist.

Utes are talking to 2024 4* SF Jalen Shelley from Frisco, TX (Dallas area). Listed at 6ā€™8" and 180 lbs.

1 Like

6ā€™8" and 180? You could probably shine a flashlight through his torso.

1 Like

Big Rick wouldā€™ve had a field day about needing to feed him. :wink:

1 Like

Heā€™s a Junior. Heā€™ll put on a few pounds.

1 Like

I mean I like us getting in state guys donā€™t get me wrong. But ā€¦ He didnā€™t have any other power 5 schools offer him. Hope he over achieves. Dawes will be a huge get if Craig can pull it off.

1 Like

A lot of P5 basketball programs donā€™t recruit 2-sport athletes when one of those sports is football (and they are really good at football). With more development (and a more filled out frame) he will be a solid player. Rick wouldnā€™t have been able to be concerned with ā€œBritton Johnson Skinny.ā€

Heā€™s a 2024, still has two seasons of HS ball ahead of him and hasnā€™t even been rated yet by most services. Pretty common not to have many offers at this point, Craig obviously sees something and wanted to get in early.

1 Like

I could be shooting in the dark but is he doing a mission?

I think his brother, who is at USC, did a mission

Utes showing love to 2024 6ā€™5" SG Owen MacKay from Snow Canyon.

2 Likes

Utes talking with 2024 Stephen Osei, a 6ā€™10" C playing at Salt Lake Academy. Heā€™s Canadian.

1 Like

Utes talking with 2024 PF Jackson McAndrew. 6ā€™8" out of Wayzata, Minnesota. Someone give me a bump after this one. Thanks.

4 Likes

so dumb

Wayzataā€¦isnā€™t that Greg Le Mende country?

I donā€™t remember where in MN he lives.

yaaa ā€¦ meanwhile we still need athletes at the 3 4 and 5

2 Likes

Scholarship or walk-on?

I hope a walk on but who knows. Underwhelming recruiting once again. Although Exacte looks like a diamond in the rough find. Once he gets some seasoning he looks the part.

2 Likes

Iā€™m ok with this recruit. IMO, Smith, unfortunately, will really have to coach-up whatever talent he can find right now. From a prized-recruitā€™s perspective, why would you sign with Utah?
The program has not done anything in years (fans are still clinging on the Maji years). Thereā€™s no meaningful fan support. We are now in the wild wild west NIL era.

Some fans would point-out Utahā€™s ā€œrichā€ basketball history ā€“ well, itā€™s just that, history that is long ago. Kids today donā€™t know much about it, nor should they.