Urban just got canned

You’ll have to fact check this on twitter but…

I heard the tight rule on caffeine was loosened when the church’s business interest intersected with Pepsi. I couldn’t have it in the 80’s but by the 90’s it was served in Mutual.

“It’s YOU that is the problem, not me.”-Urban

2 Likes

He will never get it.

If we are lucky, he goes away and we never hear from him again.

I don’t know about you, but I’m never that lucky.

4 Likes

This dude is gross:

This control freak acting like he didn’t know.

1 Like

I’ve seen the “I’m unaware of…” excuse from Urban a few times. It was idiotic the 1st time I heard it. The excuse hasn’t aged well since that time.

2 Likes

Call me skeptical thay such a control freak could he unaware of anything.

2 Likes

If a head coach is as unaware as Meyer has professed to be, he is unqualified to be a head coach. I trust those making hiring decisions are at least aware of that. UM has proven to be too unreliable.

3 Likes

Unfortunately we see this story playing out with too many people in too many different walks of life today. It’s sad.

3 Likes

I have Ohio friends who still say “Urban made Utah football and elevated Florida.” Very disrespectful of both programs that IMHO made Urban. I met Ron McBride when I worked for UK Radio Network. Got to hear how he helped set up Utah for the run Urban took over. Hate that people credit Urban for his work.

4 Likes

Mac did great things for Utah. His only fault was he couldn’t get the program over the “hump”. Urban helped with that, Whit just carried the program much further, and MAY have been able to do so w/o Urban’s 2 years at Utah.

1 Like

Growing up where I and when I did, Lavell and Don James we’re huge names in college football.

Yes, but probably not more than Fred W, McBride, and possibly Urban (in that order).

5 Likes

As much as I dislike BYU from Edwards days, Edwards was a very good coach. He very much had an impact on Whit, IMO. I suspect other coaches had a larger impact. Like @salUTE stated, Fred W, and Mac had bigger impacts. I wonder about how much Urban had with Whit, but that’s a debate for another day and time.

1 Like

Lavell was a very smart coach. He had the smarts to know he couldn’t go toe to toe with other schools with the recruits he had doing the same thing as everyone else. He knew he had to embrace something different to succeed. He was able to do that for a good run until everyone else started to do the same kind of things. His record bears this out as he was extremely successful early on but faded by the end.

3 Likes