Urban just got canned

That’s hilarious…why is this the first time I am seeing this?

2 Likes

I thought the same thing.

So many questions, not sure I want answers.

Right it’s pity, not because he sold his soul to the devil long ago to win but because he’s a softy. Urban Meyer, that poor millionaire just needs a helping hand. LMAO

Talk about a piece of poop.

1 Like

“Saban sold his soul.” These are my favorite. Nah, Nick Saban has always believed in redemption of others. I doubt he will hire him if he given the chance. He turned down Hugh Freeze and other toxic folks. But keep on with that narrative that he “sold his soul” because he wins.

Dude is a very good Catholic.

Just a guy who sold his soul, I guess.

Ouch

1 Like

On Riley’s show this week I heard Eric Weddle say (much more diplomatically than I am saying it) that Urban just isn’t cut out to be an NFL head coach. He’d have to alter his style dramatically to succeed. He said the same thing about Nick Saban. Eric was careful to say that it’s not a knock on either man–just that different styles and skill sets are required for each job. Men who are good at coaching in the NFL would mostly not succeed in college. Bill Walsh and Pete Carroll* come to mind.

*Carroll coached like an NFL coach while at U$C, and his players were essentially pros, so maybe he’s not an exception.

I remember when Steve Superior fell on his sword in the NFL, after bragging how he would own the place.

2 Likes

Sir, we all know in 12 years he had never touched the coke bottle. Funny story the media checked a few years back and the Coke had expired. Wait, is it because the drink is caffeinated he sold his soul? I had a LDS friend who I think was only friends with me in Junior High because he could come to my house and drink Coca Cola.

Saban turned the Dolphins around and players said they got better because of him. He had his team starting to win and the doctors wouldn’t clear Drew Brees for a trade. The year after he left they won one game. I am glad it didn’t work out but people are kidding themselves if they don’t think Saban getting Brees wouldn’t have done damage to the AFC and the Patriots.

It wasn’t I who made the sacrilegious comment about your coach. I was just sharing what Eric Weddle said. I was pretty sure that my doing so would bring you out to defend Coach S.

2 Likes

Deity? Nah. I’m the first to drag my team if they do something wrong. Also, you always get your panties in a bunch if anyone posts non Utah stuff so it’s weird you are doing it now. That said, there is criticism for how he handled the Dolphins the first season. If anything we know the man is good at adapting to situations. Most people forget how Nick was roasting his team and the media for how they expected to roll Utah before the game and that is exactly what happened:

I get people hate him though because he won 6 of the last 12 titles.

Oh, I got your humor and found it funny. Then I remembered my friend Brian. If anyone owns Saban it’s the Germans. They gave him a bunch of Mercedes stock and a dealership.

Mind blown. I didn’t know it was a hot v cold thing.

I don’t see any hate here. I think you’re getting hate mixed up with “always happy to see someone else in the mix”.

Like in basketball, it’s always more fun when Virginia Commonwealth goes to the Final Four than when Duke goes to the Final Four.

2 Likes

Like Rocker said, it depends on who you ask. For years caffeinated soda wasn’t sold at byu-provo home games.

But the whole thing has provided some entertainment. Where else can you hear “wake up and smell the Postum”?

2 Likes

Mormons can drink their caffeine…as long as it’s COLD!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

By that definition, I’m a Mormon.

4 Likes

The fermented and distilled beverages rule excludes you. :wink:

2 Likes

As a Methodist we are allowed Bourbon as long as we adhere that it’s only made in Kentucky. If it’s from Tennessee we are commanded to call it Whiskey.

2 Likes