Uhh, OK

OK, what are we looking for?

1 Like

Well, I want a broadcast that is much better than the one Murdoch Inc gave us so I guess we’re even?

Memo to Kliavkoff:

For the love of god, please call the leadership at FOX and fire them from bidding on any PAC media rights. There is always another bus. In our case, I am sure there are other bidders who can provide better service than these schmucks.

2 Likes

Is the Sports Information director supposed to let them know before-hand when someone gets hurt during the game? What a bunch of boobs.

3 Likes

The blogger is basically repackaging a John Canzano article. Here’s something I found interesting from the original Canzano article:

FS1 is producing the broadcasts from remote locations. The network didn’t have a sideline reporter at the stadium. Also, it used the minimum six cameras on Thursday’s broadcast.

If FS1 had bothered to send their broadcasting crew to the game, they might have been in a position to notice that Rising wasn’t playing. When you don’t even send a sideline reporter, broadcasters are going to miss critical information. FS1 is basically gambling that viewers won’t notice any difference in broadcast quality.

9 Likes

Looks like a pile-on party…

I’ve watched some of the high school games broadcast here in Utah. They are better than FS1

4 Likes

What if he got hurt in the very first play? Is that on us too?

1 Like

So the team finds out 30 minutes before Kickoff one of the most important members of the team won’t be able to play. They are rushing to prepare a modified game plan and I would think “alert the media” wouldn’t be on the top of the priority list at that point.

5 Likes

Just tell them that we told the sideline reporter… oh wait, there wasn’t one because of the cut-rate production.

9 Likes

#FireFOXandFOXSports

These people need to grow up a bit…

Who in their professional life hasn’t been blind sided in a public setting and had to come up with a tactful response in real time. If you’re in the media, you would presumably have worked at and perfected the ability to do so.

The most successful professional people I know, when faced with such a situation would have deftly and skillfully handled it, and the best of the best would have found a humorous way to respond that would have completely disarmed the situation and had no one paying any attention to it.

They would have also followed up with the individual or organization that caused the incident privately.

1 Like

FOX phoned in a game broadcast. If they can’t put in the effort to show up, means it is not anyone’s responsibility to prove them with anything…except maybe a void of contract notice for 2023 based on breach of contract.

What those A-holes did was inexcusable, and there was no force majeure situation in play that would’ve allowed them to modify their broadcast to accommodate the special circumstances. No, they stayed home in LA and hired the local HS AV Club to bring their cameras and produce the broadcast. Adding to the list of inexcusable ■■■■, they were late in starting the broadcast to televise “Eight Men Out,” a movie for god’s sake. With the way this went down, the would’ve been better to be playing on the damned Ocho.

â– â– â– â–  them. â– â– â– â–  their network. There is no amount of money that can make what they did acceptable. Firing them, and telling them to take their media rights bid and shove it would be a good idea.

9 Likes
4 Likes

FUN FACT: “Schmuck” comes from the Yddish world “schmeckel”, the name for the male member. The things you learn from having friends in every social circle/ethnic group imaginable. Calling someone a schmuck, is basically calling them a dickhead. HAHAHAHAHA :sweat_smile: :joy:

4 Likes

Actually, Schmuck is the Americanized word that comes from the Yiddish (and German) word “shmok.” Which mean penis. The American word schmuck no longer means that, it just means an idiot or fool. Putz would be what I would use in Yiddish to mean penis. Putz is equivalent to dickhead.

2 Likes