UCLA draws a tougher Big 1G schedule than SC in 24-25

Maybe in '25 they’ll make SC go to Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin in the late fall or November.

There is still a lot of “Chip Hate” in the B1G. Sending them through a gauntlet will be entertaining, especially when fUCLA is playing 10:00AM home games in front of all 5 fans in the Rose Bowl.

1 Like

Thank goodness UGLY got in though. Who else would carry our luggage and refresh our drinks?

FTFO!

2 Likes

You’re worrying about drinks while the rest of the top half of the conference will be taking your lunch.

5 Likes

It’s not as funny the 24th time you tell the joke. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

After 2023, who cares about UCLA or USC. I’m going to root against them as Nebraska and/or Nebraska Lite regardless of who or where they play.

7 Likes

Anybody who follows football. I get it though. If you only follow Utah football you don’t care. Some of us are bigger fans of schadenfreude.

3 Likes

I’m all sorts of ready for fUSCLA to fall flat on their faces. That’d be almost as funny as BYU-P doing the same in the Big XII. As much as I like to say I ignore BYU-P it’s kinda hard after growing up with them, those who grew up in the '80s in Utah understand what I mean.

6 Likes

With my fandom I enjoy hating other teams more now than mine winning. Also, makes fall cheaper because I def don’t go to Tuscaloosa as much anymore. I don’t really jive with all the new bandwagon fans and not to get too political but since 2015 the politics of the nation have made the pregame a political cesspool.

1 Like

those who grew up in the '70s and '80s in Utah understand what I mean. Fixed it for you.

2 Likes

Gimmie a break. There’s a writers strike down here and I’m not going to waste my top-shelf material on Jethro.

FTFO!

3 Likes

Two things that should never be part of football fandom…politics and religion.

7 Likes

Truer words were never written. For all sporting events.

Probably a different and incendiary thread of it’s own but agree 100%. Of course just saying that is a political grenade so…let’s take all forms of both out of the game and the pregame, off the field, away from the stands and out of the booth.

2 Likes

UCLA getting frequent flier miles.
UCLA football schedule for 2024:

Nonconference:

at Hawai’i
vs. Fresno State
at LSU

Big Ten Conference opponents:

Home:
USC
Ohio State
Northwestern
Minnesota
Nebraska

Away:
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Rutgers

1 Like

I just hope that the kickoff time for the Southern Cal at Penn State game is noon eastern time.

1 Like

They and U$C are going to need to cut an advertising trade deal with some airline.

Plane Tix for Ads at the stadiums and other considerations.

The wild thing is UCLA could possibly play in 4 different time zones in the first four games and one isn’t Mountain.

The UCLA '24 schedule looks positively stupid.

They may not play in the Mountain timezone, but they will traverse it… ten times (unless they stay east for a pair of weeks like the NFL teams do).

Chip may not be the coach by then, but I’m pretty sure somebody in the medical school will want to do some research on circadian rhythms & athletic performance & get published.

4 Likes

They don’t care what their schedule looks like, nor particularly what their record will be in the B10. This is about money, plain and simple. Enough money to bail out their athletic department and support their non-revenue sports for years to come.

That is the truth, and it’s only slightly less true for the University of Southern California. Our administration at least pretends to care about football to some regard.

FTFO, anyway!

1 Like

Southern Cal could make up some of that money by playing in the Rose Bowl rather than the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl, which will be your destiny.

But carry on.

5 Likes