Tyler Huntley vs. Brian Johnson

A friend of mine sent me this breakdown of the first six games of Brian Johnson’s 2008 campaign against the first six games for Huntley this year.

Brian Johnson

• 10 TDS and 6 INTs
  • 67.5% completion
  • 1330 yards
  • 150.2 rating

Tyler Huntley

• 9 TDS and 0 INTs
    75.6% completion
  • 1393 yards
  • 187.6 rating

The problem with comparisons is that the teams are different year to year and the level of competition is also a variable. However, really interesting at the similarities between the numbers.

Agreed, but he’s clearly playing inpired, smarter football skills. Fun to watch.
He’s a swan!

3 Likes

Interesting that both of these years Ludwig is the OC and I think Ludwig has gotten a lot better. (either that or it’s just nice to have an OC firing on all cylinders)

5 Likes

Yikes. Seeing “OC” and “firing” in the same sentence on a Utah forum always worries me. =)

But, yes, Ludwig has been a welcome surprise this season. He and Huntley definitely seem to be on the same page with how they creating a cohesive offensive unit.

3 Likes

[quote=“ZagUte, post:1, topic:1165”]
…n Johnson’s 2008 campaign against the first six games for Huntley this year.Brian Johnson10 TDS and 6 INTs67.5% completion1330 yards150.2 ratingTyler Huntley9 TDS and 0 INTs75.6% completion1393 yards187.6 ratingThe problem with comparisons is that the teams are different year to year and the level of competition is also a variable. However, really interesting at the similarities between the numbers.[/quote]

I’ll take Tyler Huntley over Brian Johnson every day of the week.

4 Likes

Thanks to chrisrenrut for this one. Tyler getting some recognition:

1 Like

Hard to compare players.

I have personally been very critical of Huntley at times. Frankly he has improved quite a bit this season. Better at reading the D, better touch on his passes and his deep balls have been more accurate. That throw to Nacua was one of his best I’ve seen in a while.

BJ was a baller and did a lot for the program. Day in and day out, TH has faced “stiffer” competition. BJ did take down Alabama in glorious fashion. The best comparison (obviously not exact) would be to see what TH could do against Alabama. Win out and maybe that could happen.

4 Likes

Less “happy feet” in the pocket.
Please, let it be so for the rest of the season

3 Likes

Huntley has three rushing touchdowns as well (BJ only had one during the entire 2008 season).

4 Likes

If Tyler Huntley continues on his current path this season, he will eclipse the Conference single-season passing rating set by Marcus Mariota. Snoop is absolutely killing it this year.

4 Likes

He is. I’ve been amazed at his ability to move the ball through the air. He gained my respect during the SC game. Kid is a gamer, and easily the best QB we’ve had in a long time.

4 Likes