To get us ready for a rowdy season of Utah football

4 Likes

The big benefit to this is the Alliance controls the playoffs now. SEC and ESPN want 12 teams and 6 SEC? Nah.

I bet the playoff will now stay at 4 until the contract expires. What that does is allows them to sell the playoff to everyone. If they expand now, only ESPN gets to bid on it. So they will form a playoff and then sell it to the highest bidder.

What the Alliance does, is takes power from the SEC and ESPN and gives it to the other three conferences.

3 Likes

In case anyone is wondering where that particular chant comes from. The original is a bit more explicit.

When Mrs SkinyUte was in Crimson Line (now the Utah Dance Team, or some such), she always thought that was a clever thing the band came up with on their own. She was quite surprised when I told her it was an old Anthrax song.

3 Likes

Thanks @SkinyUte! And thanks to @Guba as well.

I always enjoyed watching the band have a lot of fun doing this chant, and wondered where it originated, but I must admit I am a bit surprised by the answer. And frankly, I enjoyed the Ute bandā€™s version and my own naĆÆve interpretation of it more than the original.

Personally, I donā€™t like milk, chocolate or otherwise, so itā€™s not a big loss to me though :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the drum part they use with it is a take off of the drums from ā€œOneā€ from Metallica

2 Likes

Typical Cug fan reaction

Game day! Five games today. Finally.

1 Like