To get us ready for a rowdy season of Utah football

:laughing:

I hate that song. Always have, since 1969 when it came out.

Fight me.

16 Likes

there’s probably a better place to put this but :joy:

1 Like

I kind of like the early Neil Diamond work, my parents played some around the house. It was OK.

So I can tolerate that song.

But if any Barry Manilow makes a similar re-entry into the popular culture… that would be truly miserable.

3 Likes

“Sweet Caroline” can go away. I WILL fight you over “My Girl” and “Don’t Stop Believing”.

Not a fan of Neil Diamond, or Journey. I would be good with some Beastie Boys or Fat Boys “$4.99 All You Can Eat.” :wink:

2 Likes

I prefer more Ute Band music to anything that is piped in

6 Likes

We can nix “Don’t Stop Believing,” thank the Zoobs for that.

3 Likes

We need some Slayer “Raining Blood” to really set the right mood.

2 Likes

Suggesting we try to get Post Malone to do a halftime show. He’d probably do it. Loves the Utes in his new hometown!

1 Like

Only if he’s playing Nirvana covers.

2 Likes

You will not fight alone.
Stupid Red Sox song anyways.

2 Likes

Seems The Rock noticed he was a frequent subject of the Utes ‘who do you look like’ social media post.

Not a bad guy to have interacting with you on social media.

2 Likes

That’s the problem I have. Totally unoriginal on Utah’s end. It just makes us look bush league. Seriously, whoever is in charge of the music for games needs to be fired. That goes for anyone who comes up with our “traditions”. We couldn’t look more pathetic. Remember the “Footloose” thing we did? C’mon. And the drums were stupid too. Holy crap.

1 Like

Completely agree! We are establishing a “tradition” of incorporating whatever is the flavor of the day somewhere else. Do we have constant turnover in who is responsible for determining this stuff?

I know in Basketball, all of the long time “game experience” and traditions went out the window when Coach K came as his idea of a good college atmosphere was to ineffectively attempt to emulate the 1990s NBA game experience.

1 Like

Maybe they can change the name of 1500 East to Know Your Role Blvd. and he could come for a dedication ceremony.

1 Like

They are just not doing their homework. I would look back and emulate traditions from past generations. I mean, I just don’t see what’s so hard about this.

2 Likes

“Cherry Cherry” is a fantastic song.

2 Likes

Hooked on a Feeling by Sweet’s beginning riff would not be a bad crowd warm up for noise.

No. Just no.

3 Likes