Timmy Allen going to the draft

Here we go…

Blockquote As recently as six weeks ago, there was significant conjecture that Allen, a Mesa, Ariz., native who played his AAU ball for one of the West Coast’s premier programs, Compton Magic, would go through the draft process, but intends to return for his junior season. That intention, multiple sources told The Tribune on Tuesday night, has not changed.

3 Likes

Hopefully not, but yeah, it sort of feels like it.

WTF - even if everybody stays, with the black curtain at the entrance level, and being over 60, with a wife with respiratory challenges, should I even be worried about it? Not sure I’ll renew my tickets; not sure I’d be able to go to games if I did.

What a crazy world all of a sudden :frowning:

2 Likes

This is something that players do to see what they need to do to improve their prospects to be drafted when they are done with college - testing the waters, if you will. As long as Allen and Gach do not hire agents, they will be back. They are just looking for feedback to know what they need to work on.

2 Likes

He’ll go through the process and get told his outside shooting isn’t good enough yet and that he needs to learn how to go to his left. I doubt he’s going anywhere.

2 Likes

No disrespect intended, but if I was an NBA team owner/manager/coach/decision maker, I would not be inclined to draft either Gach or Allen at this point. Both of them need significantly more development and consistency to be ready for the NBA.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine either would be drafted. The most they could hope for is landing in lower level leagues somewhere in the world or the G league. At this point I believe G league would be a stretch for both.

4 Likes