This year's too-early look at Utah football in 2021

BOOM! So Happy to see this. He’s a Champion and a great kid from everything I heard. I hope he shows out for the “U.”

He was a special teams BEAST for us:

3 Likes

@BamaFanNKY Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Nacua transferred.

Where to?

The portal.

He’s in the portal now.

You’d think with all the incoming QB talent, we’d have some WRs who might actually want to stick around and make some plays.

Guess not.

LOL. This board is awesome. Y’all get a 5* National Champ LB and obsess more about a 2* WR.

Yes, there’s definitely lots of people “obsessing” here.

Also, while the Bama kid is a good get, WR feels like a much greater position of need than LB next year.

1 Like

Thompson is the real loss. I’m still mourning that one. I like Nacua a lot, but as a WR, he’s very replaceable.

Happy to land the Bama kid. Hopefully works out.

1 Like

You had 16 WR on roster last season (very young guys I understand). From what I can tell with the two RB transfers and your QB Transfers and WR on roster you’re fine on the offensive side. Just figured someone who was a top rated LB might be exciting after giving up what y’all did against SC.

Y’all obviously know the team better than me. Maybe there is someone who is beating these guys out and that’s why they are transferring.

1 Like

The Bama kid has now removed his tweet about Utah and it appears he will not be joining the Utes.

Is this the point at which we say, “We didn’t want him anyway”?

Well that is peculiar.

BYU got to him. #probablykidding

Except that those star ratings are just old projections from back when kids were in HS. In this case the WR has developed more and had significantly more personal success in CFB than the LB has. It’s going to be interesting now with transfers being even more commonplace … almost seems like they need a rating system for transfers.

Except that 5* has developed and won a National Title. Doesn’t matter. Something happened and he will not be at the “U” so the 2* WR is more important now.

Main point was around the value of having some kind of ‘transfer’ rating system, as HS star ratings are not necessarily meaningful after the fact… it’s all about development trajectory and their actual performance in a CFB setting at that point.

Will be interesting to see if the services come up with something like that, given the new transfer rules and essentially a free transfer market now.

How much did he contribute to the national championship? Why is he looking to leave? Honest questions, I don’t know the answers.

This kid has some commitment issues since the beginning. Committed to BYU, then signed with Washington. Transferred to Bama, now looking to go somewhere else.

He was a huge special teams guy and was used on offense as a lead blocker. He also was rotated in on defense. It’s hard to break in as a starting LB at Alabama. He would have started anywhere else in the league most likely. I hear nothing but praise for him.

I posted this because it shows what he would do on special teams. At Alabama even their Heisman winner played Special Teams. They believe all your best players need to be on the field at all times. Where some schools have down the depth chart handle special teams. #10 was a beast. I wish he stayed one more year:

1 Like

I am not being bias. Dude is a top ranked guy who will make an NFL Roster.

I honestly think he knew Henry To’oto’o was coming to Alabama in transfer.

I think we should move this to “Non-Ute” thread since he’s not coming to SLC it seems.

1 Like