This forum is the best one

Calling out bad behavior needs to happen more than it does. I have enough of that crap in the genealogy to build my own Mount Crapmore. Racism, religious intolerance, you name it - it’s there. I still am baffled by the fact that as poorly as many of the Irish parts of the family tree were treated, they found a way to jump on the hate wagon too. Don’t get me started on the English ones in the South.

This place has generally been a nice place to hang out.

Now we could do a longitudinal study on that metamorphosis to see if the legalization of weed had anything to do with it, but that would be too much work. :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t mind it, but totally see how it tended to drive people away who weren’t interested or didn’t agree with the takes. I definitely think it’s better as an “opt in” category. I do think it’s pretty funny when people on other Utah sites or social media continue to claim to this day that UFN is “all politics”. Um…just uncheck the box? LOL

I definitely like the board formatting here better than other places. Especially on mobile…other sites are damn near unusable on my phone.

4 Likes

:kissing_closed_eyes:

The problem was that those discussions became toxic and drove away members. We’ve set the newer board up so that those who want those discussions need to be donors. That doesn’t require a large donation. It’s intended to assure that people who dive into political vitriol have clearly chosen to do so.

1 Like