There were a number of fans decked out head to toe in Michigan gear at the game last night

One guy took the cake though. He was in his 70’s or 80’s, wearing Michigan colors down to his socks. He attended the game alone, and cheered for Utah louder than any of us. I know some people think it’s pathetic, but I love that level of pettiness in collegiate rivalries (surprisingly, I didn’t see any BYU fans).

The ones I don’t understand are the guys who show up decked out in Raiders gear (there was a whole family suited up in silver and black) or some college team that has no relation whatsoever to either participating program. That’s weird to me, but I’m all for the rivals showing out, and it’s part of what I love about college football.

So Raiderfan got paroled to see the game. Since they probably had to do community service cleaning the parade route and stadium parking areas, the City probably comped them the tix. :wink:

5 Likes

I sat next to the father of an Oregon State player from Newbury whose son loves Cam Rising. He said he and his family have come to every Rose Bowl for 15 years.

In my seat in the grandstand at the rose parade, I sat right by a bunch of people from Georgia State and they were all going to the game.

The Rose Bowl is a bit of special case when it comes to bowl games. From talking with a lot of people as I was around town, it is not unheard of and I don’t see a problem with it.

I saw several people wearing Y hats (and not the Yale ones).

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem with it, it’s just odd to me because I wouldn’t personally deck myself out in Utah gear to go to a game between two schools with no relation to the Utes. It doesn’t bother me so much as it fascinates me I guess.

On a related note, I saw some big guy down on the field yesterday wearing an ASU shirt, and I was confused by that at the time. Then I read the article on Rising which mentions that his brother plays for ASU, and I put two and two together. Gotta represent in that case I suppose.

I see nothing wrong with this but I came to Utah in 2006 from a long history of being a CFL fan. It is very common at CFL games to have folks decked out in their team gear even when their team is not playing. This is especially true for Saskatchewan Roughrider fans. They are everywhere in the league and show up at games across the country. I was actually half expecting to see some Riders fans in the stadium at my first Utah game.

1 Like

So it’s the Canadians infiltrating our stadiums trying to make dressing in some random team’s gear something…between that and Terrence and Phillip teaching our youth to sing “Uncle ■■■■■■■■

Y’all suspect!!!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes