The zoobs are considering a Rose Bowl invite?

I admit, I’m not familiar with all the rules regarding this, but the official Rose Bowl site says it will be a Pac vs Big 10 matchup like always. Zoobs gonna zoob I guess.

yeah, zoobs being zoobs. I don’t see them in any NY6 bowl, let alone the Rose.

3 Likes

They will figure out how to tank another game before the season ends. U$C in the Mausoleum has possibilities.

1 Like

Yeah, impossible for the Rose (contractually). No at large bid happens if the lose one or both teams to the playoff (stays Pac12/Big10).

I think the joke is because they are pac12 champs by being 4-0 so far against the conference.

Other non-semis NY6 possible, but very unlikely. 3 Big 10 teams or SEC teams will get the nod before them. Top G5 CHAMP gets in (they don’t qualify). Their loss to Boise probably caps them at 15.

3 Likes

Don’t count on it.

FTFO!

1 Like

That’s a good point. They have been saying that, haven’t they?

Sounds like they will be playing UTSA in Shreveport, LA. Shreveport is lovely in December.

Special surprise for the Rose in these projections.

1 Like

Most projections have them in the Independence.

3 Likes

With their remaining schedule (they actually get to play against Todd Helton!), I think 15 is their cap anyway. They could actually be jumped (by teams like Miss St.?!). Doesn’t matter. They will not get a NY6. 2-3 teams from some conferences (Big10, SEC) are more likely and the highest rank G5 champ (BYU not eligible for this) will be Cinci (unless they lose the champ game and even then might get an at-large NY6) or Fresno St. (or whomever wins the MWC).

1 Like

That Virginia game was a strange one indeed. 35 of the 49 Cavalier points came in the second quarter

1 Like

I was told by zoobs, when they hired Donko, that he was a defensive genius. His Virginia team gave up 66 points…

1 Like

I wonder how many people even get that FTFO reference anymore, and do they even know that the letters stand for anymore? it HAS been a hellluva long time.

Supposedly he handed over all defense to his DC, but you think that he would step in with something like this. They could not stop the run or the pass.

UVA was in a quick 21-0 hole and battled back with big plays to lead at half. It seems this back and forth continued until UVA’s QB got hurt (ribs?) and then they couldn’t keep the offense going. That’s still insane - 5 TDs in one quarter.

1 Like

It’s relevant NOW more than ever.

FTFO!

2 Likes

Face The Facts Orenthal

9 Likes

The odds of that are about the same as JFK, Jr. coming back from beyond the grave to assume the US Presidency. (That’s just a current events joke about similarly delusional people, and should not be used to twist this into a political thread.)

7 Likes

As a BYU fan - I have no illusions that the Cougars are going to a NY6 bowl.

Is it possible that they end up in a bowl other than the one they were contractually obligated to play in (assuming they became eligible) at the beginning of the season? Sure. I don’t think it’s likely. But bowls have been known to move people around when a conference doesn’t qualify enough teams to fill all of their spots.

I’m sure Utah fans don’t - but I have found humor in the “Pac12 South Champions” joke coming from BYU fans - as well as some media members. Heck - even losing to USC, BYU still holds the tie-breaker over Utah. :wink:

Maybe they mean the Rose Bowl Flea Market?

https://www.rgcshows.com/

FTFO!

3 Likes

But you know, UCLA and CU are not on the schedule :wink: And if you all played 9 conference games instead of 5, you’d see the cannibalization that so easily besets the conference … all sarcasm. Your AD put together a respectable looking schedule (34th but two cakewalks coming - Cinci is 94th though) and the team has done pretty well.

1 Like

Memo to U$C:

Beating East Provo in your own house may not seem to matter, but it does us and the Conference. Spank their ■■■■■ like they were Utah of the past.

It is your house.

4 Likes