The Things I Love Thread

Starlings are plentiful in Utah. I see lots of them when I’m in Sanpete. I love watching them engaging in what looks like mass coordinated shape-shifting. It is beautiful. When birds do this, the phenomenon is called murmuration. It’s a new addition to my own vocabulary as of today.

3 Likes

I hate starlings. They eat other bird’s eggs, chase them away from the feeders, and dive bomb my dog and me. They also have a grating chirp. If i could I’d shoot the little bastards with a BB gun.

1 Like

Don’t bring your negativity into this beautiful thread.

2 Likes

1 Like

A good soup on a cold day. Beef stew with biscuits or a good chili really hits the spot. :yum:

3 Likes

Your comment belongs on the Pet Peeves thread

3 Likes

But how do you think starlings feel about you?

main-qimg-3c60eee76432b6f34bf496a6e27deb43-pjlq

3 Likes

2 Likes

industrial unionism

1 Like

Learning about different cuisines. I’m currently working on Sicilian. As expected lots of seafood. This should be fun to learn over time.

1 Like

I love sushi. I worked at a Japanese restaurant in my twenties and developed a passion for the cuisine in a profound way. I go to Hamachi fairly often and am close with the sushi chefs there.

2 Likes

I love beating ASU.

1 Like

Snoopy as imagined by different animation studios.
May be a doodle of text that says 'HANNA BARBERA > THE HOUSE DISNEY JAY WARD FAMILY GLY HUNNEY ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE'

8 Likes

That really didn’t age well.

5 Likes

Perhaps, but the sentiment has.

1 Like

The smell of cleaning stuff on cleaning day, especially during the winter when you can’t open windows. The coconut sea breeze of the floor mop pads. The smell of the bathroom cleaners. Even the smell of the clean sheets for the bed. Good stuff.

Also, I love the fact someone developed the pedicare scrubby pads for feet with special soaps. This time of the year I always battle with dry, cracked feet. All of the medical stuff has never been able to impact the problem. A week after starting to use these and my feet are cleared up.

6 Likes

wilderness

3 Likes

I love animals, especially bears, owls, octopuses, all cats, dogs, hippos, and elephants.

4 Likes

Ditto, and double for owls:

8668e1aca6dd59d89855e2c71f580cb7fb30b002_2_358x500

Repost of an owl in the grape vine in my back yard - I see him occasionally, and love catching a peak at the little guy…

8 Likes