The pet peeves thread

How do you feel about them when they’re on your lawn?

3 Likes

Another reason my Tesla has been de-badged, and I have a Rivian reservation. Haha

2 Likes

He’s probably not happy about people driving on his lawn.

3 Likes

Saw a sticker on a Tesla over the weekend that said “Bought it before we knew he was an a$$hole”. That made me chuckle.

10 Likes

I prefer to think of them as zombie missionaries from behind Comet Hale Bopp, reconnaissance flights from Marshall Applewhite to see if the conditions are right for a return.

2 Likes

As posted on KDLS news:
“The speed on that end of town has always been out of control!
Posted speed limit is 35, Typically vehicles are traveling 50-55 miles per hour.”

1 Like

Anyone else finding that when using their phone to move Utah tickets from ticketmaster to their wallet, when going into “manage ticket” they have to “periodically” change their password?

This is at least the third time in about a month (trying to move tomorrow’s ticket to my wallet).

3 Likes

One of the many reasons I get hard copy tickets.

Get off my lawn.

3 Likes

Ever since that site became more of a Ticketmaster site, it’s been frustrating for me. I’ve had to reset my password several times. I don’t know what’s going on. For several years it worked like a charm.

1 Like

This one will tie in a touch with the Liberty discussion in another thread, especially with Falwell being brought up.

This pet peeve may tie into a touch of being Catholic, and growing up in Utah. I have an issue with the celebrity evangelical preachers. To give an example. We were just getting off the freeway as we were coming home from a race late one night last Spring. Just as I was getting ready to get onto our main state highway in our area, this huge motorhome came rumbling past us. Something about it caught my attention, a big golden cross on the back with someone’s, not Jesus, portrait was on it. I couldn’t tell who. Anyway, we both end up having to make a stop at a light. I can see that the portrait was some well known preacher, and on the side like a carnival advertisement was saying something about his tour and next several dates for his preaching.

I get it, maybe he really is doing what he can to spread the word. I still can’t shake the feeling that he’s doing what he can to line his pockets.

This next part will go back to my days cooking. The post Church crowd on Sundays. If you’ve ever run into them, you understand what I mean.

3 Likes

There’s a whole host of reasons why I’ve gone from active LDS to atheist over the course of my life, with this being near the top of the list.

I’ll just leave it at that to avoid getting this nuked to the religion & politics category. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Some of the hypocrites or charlatans in churches used to bug me…

…until Woody from Cheers revealed his parents abandoned him and ran off with a Pentecostal caravan.

Since then, the two amusing examples I think of when this topic comes up is the Reverend Ted Haggarty from that mega church in Colorado Springs who would go to Denver to do meth with male prostitutes, and, of course, Jerry Fallwell, Jr.

[I guess in Fallwell, Jr’s case, he wasn’t seeking to be appointed the President of Liberty University. "I’d like to remind everyone I’m different from my father"… and then the stories emerged of his wife and the pool boy, with him as the facilitator. That kind of took off the veneer, you could say.]

7 Likes

Re-writing of history.

3 Likes

I’m not a skier but I do recall that my friends in high school would often jump in their car after a day of classes and head to Park City for a couple of hours of skiing with $5 lift tickets. $328 now? Wow.

Park City strike fallout

As ski patrollers at Park City Mountain Resort entered their eighth day on strike Friday, guests were taking to social media to warn of crowded slopes,long lift lines and missed opportunities to ski fresh powder.

The intrigue: The complaints come as new research ranks PCMR the third-most-expensive resort to visit in the U.S, with a one-day lift ticket priced at $328.

https://www.axios.com/local/salt-lake-city/2025/01/03/park-city-ski-patrol-strike-experience-lines-crowds

3 Likes

Would think with charging that much $$$ for a lift pass they would make enough profit to be able to adequately compensate their employees.

5 Likes

Growing up, my dad used to drop us off at the bus stop at the base of Big Cottonwood canyon every Saturday morning with $20 in our pockets. That would cover our bus fare, lift ticket, and lunch and we’d still have some change leftover. We’d spend the entire day at Brighton, and he’d pick us back up there at 4:30. I was 12 and my brother was 8. Looking back, it was wildly irresponsible of him but man, those were good times.

I’ve never even taken my kids skiing. Partly because it’s so insanely expensive and crowded, and partly because my busted hips can’t handle skiing anymore. :frowning:

5 Likes

Also, the snobbery of “how dare those peasants inconvenience us!” is hilarious. Reminds me of Mel Brooks in “History of the World”.

“Sire, the people are revolting!”

“You said it, they stink on ice!”

Edit: “STINK” not “sink”. :joy:

3 Likes

People foisting technology onto really old people who can’t really operate it, or never could operate it and acting like they did them a favor.

99 percent of the time it turns into a big time suck that creates frustration and no results.

4 Likes

Also foisting technology into children with little regard for the long term impact on their social and brain development.

6 Likes

As an addendum to this, I would also say foisting complex new technology solutions to “solve problems” that are completely unnecessary.

I spent 2 hours yesterday sitting through training on a new sales cycle/lead generation/communication flow software that I can pretty much guarantee no one is going to use. It was overly complicated, totally unintuitive, and generally appears to add in two dozen additional clicks and fields to fill out for things that currently take 10 seconds and 2 clicks.

They’re trying really hard to convince everyone that this is to help us be more effective, when we all know it’s primarily so the new bosses can have visibility into everything we do, down to tracking exactly how many e-mails and phone calls we’re making on a daily basis.

I’ve been a top performing salesperson here for 20 years, and we have never had this level of micromanagement before. Unfortunately, the new corporate overlords that have come on over the past 6 months to “improve” the company are big on “accountability” (i.e. constantly looking over everyone’s shoulders). I strongly suspect that this move will cause most of their top performers to look for employment elsewhere, a direction I’m strongly considering myself. Which really sucks, as I had fully planned to spend my entire career here. :cry:

5 Likes