The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

Didn’t expect Willow Smith to become the artist she’s becoming. Some of these Hollywood kids are showing they are talented. She’s one to watch as her music with mature:

1 Like

Recently discovered Polyphia and through the Pandora app, a rabbit hole of fascinating instrumental prog metal/hip hop/djent weirdness and I love it.

I generally have a low tolerance for prog/djent, as it’s usually too much wankery for me (although I love tech death…go figure). That was pretty cool though, I dig it. Thanks for the rec.

I’ve been spinning the new Carcass album on repeat for the past week. It’s fantastic.

The debut from Wharflurch also came out of nowhere and knocked me on my arse. Crazy mix of death, doom, black, industrial, and psychedelic madness. Cool stuff.

taking a break from watching the game…I give you this in honor of our ball control:

1 Like

Great indie riff. She’s amazing.

Filmed in Helper, UT

1 Like

I drove through Helper (actually got off the highway and spent a few hours there) a couple of years ago for the first time in decades, and was pleasantly surprised to see it experiencing a bit of a renaissance. I talked to a few local business owners who were restoring century old buildings and and trying to keep some of the original character and personality of the town intact.

I love to see places like Helper experience a little bit of a comeback.

4 Likes
1 Like

Violent Femmes & Flogging Molly came through Salt Lake a few days ago. They were both great.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Man I have never really cared for that song and I’m pretty down on McCartney’s “granny music”. John Lennon was always more interesting to me.

1 Like

Why does everyone’s musical interest on this board seem to be between 1965-85? You can “coming of age” during this time frame but still truly enjoy new or older eras - expand your mind people!

1 Like

No. I’m still discovering music from my era that I missed when I was there.

2 Likes

Ok. “The Queen is Dead” by The Smiths. 1986.

3 Likes

lol- love’m. You know, I fell into this weird Blink-182 interest the last few months. Full disclosure, didn’t really know much about them or interest when they were big 20 years ago. Pop punk always seems light weight. First two albums are great ( Cheshire Cat) and Enema of the State has the big hits. If you liked So Cal punk this feels nostalgic, but pop. Side note check out the Blinks inspiration band - Descendents ( Milo goes to college) album - really good so cal punk.

But I have been getting into older areas, pre 60’s

2 Likes

Challenge to all you old farts

Name your top 5 albums - try to encompass your whole life, not just what you’re stuck on right now.

Clarification: do not list a album with you favorite song(s) but and album from start to finish is solid.

I’ll Start: best Album, Start to finish - Stone Roses