The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

Bluegrass Express
Screen Shot 2024-02-11 at 12.04.06 PM

1 Like

This album was the winter of my junior year at the U. Or should I say, that winter was this album for me. The memories…damn. And just like Hope’s sultry voice, it all seems like a dream now.

7 Likes

One of my favorite albums by one of my favorite bands. Hope Sandoval is ethereal. Great choice.

2 Likes

That’s such a great song I’m somewhat surprised we never see anyone cover it, but then I don’t think anybody could match those amazing vocals. Maybe Nora Jones, but she’s about the only one who could come close.

1 Like

I remember when Ben Harper covered it a few years back. So did American Football more recently - I’ve been a big AF fan for decades, and sure I liked their version… but man, the original is just such perfection nothing could ever come close.

4 Likes

Jack Bruce was truly great. Years of hard living finally caught up to him. Loved him in Cream.

4 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes
2 Likes

Oh yah…I remember this one. Wowy

1 Like

This six-piece played at Mayfest in 1992, on the same bill as Skankin’ Pickle and Treepeople.

DNews article “Inner Circle…was sluggish and uninspired…”
I remember this to be the case.

Still an absolute gut punch.

Both this video and the mere fact that Bowie is gone. :frowning:

3 Likes

Holy sh*t, there’s a name I haven’t heard for years.

Such a fun live band.

1 Like

Since when does this become Musak?

Apparently Kroger thinks it is…

3 Likes

My friend showed me a live version of that song years ago, prefacing it with, “You’re about to watch one of the most amazing things you’ve ever seen, followed by one of the stupidest things you’ve ever seen”. Checks out.

1 Like

Art Bell Somewhere In Time

Bluegrass on KSKQ Community Radio in Ashland

1 Like

Old time music on KZMU Community Radio in Moab

2 Likes