The Lane Train is back at a P5

44 years old and is on to coaching his third P5 team (also an NFL job). Is his career the most blessed?

Not gonna lie. I sort of like Lane.

Nobody fails upward quite like Lane.

3 Likes

It’s going to be fun. Ole Miss is low key a great job and a fun town with great academics.

1 Like

So Ole Miss decides maybe the Unabomber can bring them back to fortune…

A better hire would’ve been Sark. At least he had success as a HC.

Well, Lane is coming off a Conference title. Personally, I prefer Lane’s play calling to Sark.

:joy:

No doubt. His getting pulled off the bus and fired by Pat Haden is one of my favorite CFB stories ever.

1 Like

Wait… are they paying him more than Kyle?

1 Like

“Blessed” isn’t the word I would use. More like “baffling”. Does he have dirt on every AD in the country?

I actually think he’s a good coach. Remember, he’s 44. That means he was in his 30s as a HC at SC, Raiders and UT.

He’s a douchey, cheating hack who has lucked his way into jobs he had no business getting. He’ll be mediocre at Ole Miss, or have one decent year and bounce to a better job where he’ll inevitably crash and burn. Rinse and repeat.

Well, he proved he could turn a program around at FAU and seems to have mellowed as he’s aged. You obviously have hard opinions on him. I don’t have a strong opinion either way.

He was in his 30’s when he did some things that a grown ■■■ man should have known better than. IMHO, good coaches don’t put players back in immediately after getting their bell rung so bad that they can’t even stand up by themselves (not in this day and age anyways). Good coaches don’t cheat, and then throw the equipment manager under the bus. Good coaches don’t slander actual good coaches at every opportunity. He’s a classless buffoon who has seemed relatively quiet in recent years since discovering that he can vent his imbecilic nature on social media. He’s basically the Donald Trump of college football (he’s even starting to resemble POTUS a bit - see below). He’ll be mediocre at Ole Miss, or have one decent year and bounce to a better job where he’ll inevitably crash and burn. Rinse and repeat.

You fee about Lane how I feel about that scuzz bucket Urban Liar. I respect that.

Always delighted here to follow SEC news.

You’re welcome. Since you like it so much you may enjoy Lane holding a baby while the father tells him to “get ya a burner phone.” Lane has found his people.

[quote=“BamaFanNKY, post:16, topic:2524, full:true”]
You’re welcome. Since you like it so much you may enjoy Lane holding a baby while the father tells him to “get ya a burner phone.” Lane has found his people.[/quote]

Do you really want to do this? Remember, you are here as a guest. Act like one.

Sure I do. If you really don’t like it you can lock the topic. I’m sure I wasn’t invited back for my compliance (As if I ever complied to you or what my own ilk wanted) and to create posts that are like every other Ute fan. I don’t obsess over TDS So I don’t post about them. I obsess over the freak shows and the absurdities of this game we love college football. Lane Kiffin has national appeal and hatred. I’m someone who enjoys all conferences and all stories not just one team. If you don’t like it you have full power to stop it. Lock it or lock me out. Your call.