The Feel Good Thread

I created this thread in the hope that it would become the most popular one on UFN. I’m nearing another birthday next Tuesday and I’ve never spent more time thinking about how I wanted to be a better person and a better version of myself. I’ve been reflecting all evening about what is most important to me in life, and I thought about all of the people who have influenced and guided me throughout the years. I should also add that Utefans and its members will always hold a very special place in my heart. Check out this video I found of Fred Rogers accepting an Emmy. It’s really neat.

If you are on Instagram, there are some great accounts that post feel good content. Just beware that viewing them seems to attract a lot of dust in the room.
Goodnews_Movement and Upworthy are 2 of the good ones I follow. Here are a couple of examples:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2N7dICyRVy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

Worth a watch.

3 Likes

Great sports story today

Oregon 1A Boy’s State title game

Crane Union High School, a public boarding school serving ranches in eastern Oregon and northern Nevada

Nixya’awii Community School, a public charter school in Pendleton serving the indigenous population

3 Likes
4 Likes

That’s the best thing I’ve seen this year.

3 Likes

Yes I love it too. Wondering if those “teens” got any consequences, as they should have. The Dodo is a great channel and if you’re ever in need of a lift that’s one of the best places to go.

3 Likes

My 14-year-old daughter was bummed because the storm cancelled her friend hangout tonight. She was moping around the house, so Mrs SkinyUte and I asked if she wanted to watch “Young Frankenstein” with us. She reluctantly agreed and while she sat being grumpy most of the time (because what self-respecting teen wants to watch a movie with their parents on a Saturday night), we did notice the smiles and out-loud laughs getting more frequent as the movie progressed.

When the “Putting on the Ritz” scene rolled around, she literally fell off the couch in tears because she was laughing so hard. Just like I did with my dad when I watched it at the same age.

She’s now wandering around the house randomly shouting “Blucher!”…which I respond to with a whinny, of course.

I’ll take tonight as a parenting win. :blush:

16 Likes

“What hump?”

3 Likes

“That’s not my name. It’s Eyegore.”

4 Likes

I cannot give this post enough stars, as it includes a personal favorite all-time movie reference, but more so for the all-to-rare, but ever-so-worth-it parenting win!

“Abby Normal?”

5 Likes

Gene Hackman was so good in a small part. Wait. Where are you going? I was going to make Espresso.

3 Likes

4c5d8247-2391-45c8-a77b-ba1796f5012d_text

4 Likes

c028e876-57e0-44c2-8037-7af40ac09d3c_text

4 Likes

Glad to see so many here with such good taste.

However, all these comments and somehow no one mentioned the best line in the entire film.

5 Likes