The Debate is dumb with Whataburger and In-N-Out

Honestly, the Western Bacon Cheeseburger at Carl’s Jr. is the burger I crave most often. Not fancy or sophisticated, but dang it taste good.

1 Like

I’ve had Whataburger and Lottaburger. Both are good.

One of the best local burger places is Millies in Sugarhouse.

1 Like

Damn I miss Frontier Pies. Amazing chicken pot pie as well. Places like Frontier Pies that had homemade cornbread, pies, roasts, gravy, chicken fried steak…got replaced with these hipster pickles and cheese places, arrrgh, this world. Bring back Jim Fassel, Bubbles, and Frontier Pies and Cowboy Grub. And Five Alls, damn it, I think that’s gone too. At least Italian Village remains, I hope.

1 Like

The thing about In-N-Out is that it’s all about quality. Everything is fresh, no preservatives, no freezers, no heat lamps, no bacon (that’d require overly salted cured meat and freezers), etc. It’s still a burger so it’s not like it’s the best thing in the world to be eating, but compared to everyone else at least you won’t leave the restaurant and head straight for a triple bypass surgery.

And as @UteKing said, they’re not trying to compete with luxury burger places, otherwise they’d charge you like them.

1 Like

The thing about In-N-Out, with all their “quality” the burger is just OK and the fries should be thrown away. The Shake is good. Comparing to Whataburger and Lotaburger put them in the same price point category.

I said it before. Some people can shop for groceries they just can’t cook. In-N-Out back in the 1980s was a little better but what made them get a rabid following is marketing and nostalgia.

1 Like

I’m with you on that. Always thought their burgers were way overrated. They’re ok, but nothing great. And the fries are the worst. You can see them make them fresh, so it has to be the grease/cooking oil.

I yell at my cousin who waits in their long line in Orange County when right across the street is the greatest burritos in the USA. $.75 more than the cheese burger is one of these bad boys the birria burrito from Burritos La Palma.

1 Like

Grab yourself a quesaburrito from Vallarta Express next time you’re in San Diego.

Why aren’t there good burritos in Denver?! This makes no sense!

1 Like

Bingo! Me as well.

I’m a fatass I love both Whataburger and In-N-Out

2 Likes

Then you will love Lotaburger.

I’m not a big red meat person…but any burger with egg on it…you have my attention.

2 Likes

The funny thing about my strong opinions is I am now 95% Plant-Based. No animal products or oils (I’m getting old and have decided to get my health in order). So, that’s why when I do eat fast food or any animal products it better be good.

1 Like

To each their own. That’s fine.

Yeah, but I am bored an food is a fun topic to argue and to discuss. Plus, all these food recommendations are helping for my next trip through SLC.

To me, it’s more of a symbol of the West Coast than anything else. And as a West-Coast-best-coast guy, I will eat at In-N-Out til I die.

7 Likes

I agree it’s an icon of the West Coast. Like many icons, it makes it highly overrated. Much like Alabama people say eat at Dreamland when Archibald’s is clearly superior:

To me, the most memorable thing about In-N-Out Burger was the HS kids in the 70’s and 80’s carving up their bumper stickers.

1 Like

Doesn’t deserve the hype:

1 Like

It’s a fast food burger…’nuff said.