The cool pictures thread

That’s awesome. Hope it was a great trip.

No! But while not more awesome, hawks and falcons are equally cool.

Same family but vastly underrated, Osprey.

1 Like

Saw this at the park today and had to stop to take a quick picture. Not sure what year it is, maybe a '79, but it was in very good condition.

It make me think of LoboMan, from the old board, which made me think about some of the great contests we had with New Mexico. Their basketball program was more competitive many years than football, but we have some great contests with both. Wasn’t it New Mexico that took out Bryan Johnson near the end of our home game against them in 2005, to setup the surprise win against BYU the following week, featuring Brett Ratliff?

And wasn’t New Mexico our only conference basketball loss in 1998?

Damned Lobos :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Saguaro National forest just outside Tucson

4 Likes

Went to Canyonlands last week.

9 Likes

My brother pointed out the Hell Camino as we drove past. Not my picture. I’d drive it though, despite my current disgust with its creators.

2 Likes

Interesting. For me it’s the mountains. If I am in a flat area, I feel a little bit agoraphobic without landmarks in the horizon.

Deserts make me think not of Utah but Arizona, where my grandparents migrated for the winters for years and I’d get to occasionally visit. See also cacti.

I’m with you on the deserts. I love alpine scenery and hike/ride my bike all summer in the Wasatch but there’s something about the desert that hits my soul.

Touche.

1 Like

I spent a decade regularly traveling to South Florida for work, and invested the better part of a year retrying my brain to manage directions without the mountains.

2 Likes

Well, if you ate more rats, we wouldn’t have this problem.

2 Likes

How do you think he, Louis, and LeStat survived the Black Plague. He’s become more civilized now.:wink:

1 Like

Pre or post COVID?

1 Like

Um… definitely not post covid, that would require time travel to the future.

Current Covid.

Does Bane wear that mask because his heart condition makes vaccination too risky?

Looks like a Cooper’s Hawk. They’re badass. A buddy of mine in Millcreek gets pissed at them for occasionally taking out quail he’s been feeding in their yard. Just the circle of life.

Isn’t that Bryant JHS/Middle/whatever the hell they call it now?

We live in Millcreek and see them often. Red Tails too.

3 Likes