Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

Well here we are - Thanksgiving. The day that brings us to the last regular season game of the Football season and the pre conference season in Basketball - all remembered, and many other memories, with your family over turkey with the trimmings and sides. When you are a child, it means waking up to the smells of a delightful meal and front yard football with friends. When you have your own family, it means waking up at the plumber’s butt crack of dawn to start working on the day’s meal for all to enjoy. Everything has its day. It’s been a good year. I am thankful to have been able to enjoy it with my family and friends. I posted this topic so folks could share the things they’re thankful for this year.

Time to get to work on the bird and dinner. They won’t cook themselves. :wink:

Thankful for family, friends, and pets.

3 Likes

I’m alone on Thanksgiving, because all my family live on the east coast, and I don’t like going to a local holiday meal when everyone is family, except me.

That being said, I hate turkey and pumpkin pie. :smiley: I’m just watching football games and trolling the Big 12 Facebook groups. I feel satisfied.

4 Likes

https://worldgravywrestling.com/

Place in Northen England where people wrestle in thousands of pounds of gravy. You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Don’t they simply fall asleep from all the tryptophan? :wink:

1 Like

I hate telling you this, but the old turkey and tryptophan causing sleep is a huge myth. According to science.

2 Likes

This is why I check in on UFN on Thanksgiving, this is beautiful.

I’m sincerely grateful for all my fellow Ute mutants, here. You guys are great!

5 Likes

But the carbs will. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you. This will help keep me out of the doghouse with grocery store substitutions.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a myth, but it is a fun excuse. Now call it a food coma and the whole thing becomes even funnier IMO.

3 Likes

Yup, it’s all about the carbs. Of course, it’s the best part of Thanksgiving, since I loathe dried out turkey.

1 Like