Team Vaccination %

I think this is an interesting topic. I just saw Ole Miss hit 100% for team and the state sits at 35%. U of Alabama football at last report was 96% while Tuscaloosa County is at 34%.

Last I saw Utes were 80% (end of July) while the state is at 45%.

Do we think people will follow the lead of our teams?

Ummmm…yeah

1 Like

I’m not as confident. Maybe I see more MAGAQ people in my region.

1 Like

I read your post wrong. I thought you said “do people NEED to follow the lead of our sports teams”

3 Likes

Obviously, yes. I also hope more universities have coaches like Whitt, Kiffen and Saban trying to get team taken care of on the vaccine front. I’m sure Mike Leach is not.

1 Like

Utah is at 92% full vaccination as of last week, with several players just waiting on their second shot.

The coaching staff is 100% vaccinated.

8 Likes

Those players have more motivation to get vaccinated. Nobody wants to lose a part of a football season to be put on the injured list because you’re Covid positive.

1 Like

That’s fantastic.

2 Likes

The dang mascot got vaccinated before 63% of the state:

1 Like

Oh My. I am so glad Lane is in Mississippi: “I think it’s irresponsible to not to (get the vaccine.) I realize I’ll be criticized for that but I just do.”
-Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin

2 Likes

I’m concerned what the recent surge in infections might do to attendance. I haven’t been able to keep up with all the mandate rulings on the state level…might the U implement a proof of vaccination requirement to enter the stadium?

3 Likes

In terms of epidemiology, 92% probably exceeds the herd immunity level for covid. However, with new variants and such, 100% would be much better.

If I were an owner of a sports team, all contracts would mandate all vaccines for all players, coaches, and staff. I couldn’t care less what a MLB pitcher thinks about vaccines, unless they have a PhD in virology followed by 10 years of post-doctoral work in developing vaccines.

3 Likes

I’m not a big fan of good old Kiffin, but on this one point, I’m a supporter.

4 Likes

People have to remember the Raiders and SC years Lane was in his 30s. He’s been a delight the last 7 years.

I have a friend who is a University of Tennessee grad AND a Raiders fan. Her hatred of “Lame” Kiffin knows no bounds.

The crazy thing is I was a Raiders fan (moving to Vegas was too much). His time there didn’t upset me. Al Davis made it tough for him and he was way too young for that gig. He did UT dirty but it was the SC job calling.

1 Like
1 Like

I saw a blurb somewhere about the Utes now being at 95%. That’s great but I have to wonder why they can’t get to 100%.

Many times it’s someone waiting on second shot.

I’d be thrilled by that decision. Because right now, I’m not sure I’m coming to any games this season.

1 Like