Someone posted this on twitter - Great flashback moment

This was such a powerful flashback for me… I remember that 1994 season so VIVIDLY, inlcuding the fieldstorming/goalpostsacking finale against BYU. I still have a small piece of tha goal post somewhere in all my crap.

IIRC correctly that was by far the supreme year for Utah football up to that point in history, with the top 10 ranking to finish.

That is a great memory. I also have MANY great memories of McBride - he is a very down-to-earth, extremely friendly guy. I used to swim at the JCC on my lunch hour decades ago, and often saw him up there. I’d say hi, ask a quick question about the team, and spend 20 minutes talking to him - always late getting back to the office.

Thanks for posting.

I tried to buy Coach Mac a drink in the team hotel at the PAC12 Championship a few years ago. There were already 5 drink offers ahead of me. LMAO. I’d also note in the video the other assistant coach is Steve Kaufusi, father of current Ute Devin Kaufusi.

Yep both the Whittingham and Kaufusi familes are bedrock supporying foundation blocks on which the current success is built

1 Like