So, who does Utah schedule?

I just think all the other Big12 teams already have a Sep 7 game scheduled at this point. We just ended up with 2 2024 Big12 conference opponents already scheduled.

1 Like

They’re not. Utah would be doing THEM the favor because they have no conference. And therefore will be basically operating as independents in all but name next year. Ergo, they need as many games as they can get against quality competition.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joshua_Newman/status/1720839010640421004?t=Aih-O9hPoskVyeHAO__mgg&s=19

I guess we’ll know the answer in 2 weeks

2 Likes

Sweet. Will also be nice to know when they’ll release dates. Have 2 cousins in FL that went to UCF. We play them this year in FL, then home 2027.

Anyone know when the Big 12 dates come out (full schedule)? So far, we have the matrix and should learn our last game in about 10 days. All I can find is ‘schedule will be released as soon as it is available’.

• B1G announced full schedule Nov 2
  • Sources indicate SEC will release the schedule between Dec 4 and Dec 15 (released opponents and locations in June!)
  • ACC put out their matrix/model, and have said they will announce specific game dates Jan 31 in an ACC Network schedule reveal
1 Like

I can’t remember where but I read late November or early December for full schedule.

1 Like

I’m hoping for Louisville at home.

1 Like

With Baylor out of conference, 9 conference games in a new conference, I’m hoping Rice at home. No heroics to make the 12 team playoff.

1 Like

Here is a nice list of teams to pad a schedule with…

1 Like

As long as it’s not Utah-Rice 1996.

3 Likes

Thanks! You do God’s work sir. Well done.

Now been 15 days. Wonder if they’ll announce something this week. Washington and WSU just announced extension of Apple Cup through 2028. Next tear, Sep 14th at Seahawk stadium then alternate home and home.

2 Likes

I’m anxious about this too. I hope it’s a home game.

Yeah, me too. Hopefully Utah doesn’t do something desperate, like add BYU to the schedule.

I wonder if the Tom Farden mess has interfered with or delayed the announcement?

They are already a home conference game, the game we have to replace

1 Like

Shouldn’t have any bearing at all.

1 Like

Sorry, it was an attempt at humor. I need to put emojis in my posts. You were supposed to respond with something like, “Um, who’s going to give this guy the bad news about the Big-12?”

3 Likes

3 Likes

Maybe with gymnastics coach worked out, Harland can get the deal done?