So, what was the genesis of the toilet paper "shortage"?

I get it now, it’s like a run on the bank. You hear everyone else is trying to get it, you’re afraid it will run out, so you join in.

But what started the whole thing? Was there some crazy meme on facebook or something like that?

Wisper campaign by this bear?
f5ba66c62b14ce020f9d65ec70569121

Win Co had Kleenex yesterday, but you could only buy 1 box. I have been searching for TP for 2 weeks haven’t been able to find it online or at any stores. Even tried Auto Zone.

My personal hypothesis is that it started with people who didn’t understand what COVID is and confused it with a GI virus. Once they started making the run in the bank others who are susceptible to panic joined in when it got reported in the news. The news didn’t tell people to go out and hoard it, mind you, but the crazies just made it snowball. It’s really no different than the run on guns and ammo. What the hell good will that do you to protect from COVID?

1 Like

They are such good shots that they will shoot COVID right between the eyes dammit!

1 Like

[quote=“HoopUte, post:4, topic:3361”]
…n’t understand what COVID is and confused it with a GI virus. Once they started making the run in the bank others who are susceptible to panic joined in when it got reported in the news. The news didn’t tell people to go out and hoard it, mind you, but the crazies just made it snowball. It’s really no different than the run on guns and ammo. What the hell good will that do you to protect from COVID?
[/quote]The run on guns makes perfect sense they need guns to protect their hoards of toilet paper from people like you who didn’t.

1 Like

I have a month’s worth. I feel good. Shouldn’t have to shoot anyone for a roll. :grin:

The manufacturers of these fine products ran a covert meme campaign. They really just want people to be more environmentally friendly.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bidet&ref=is_s

Supply isn’t keeping up with demand.

Our neighbor posted a photo of pallets full of TP at the Murray Costco at around 5pm today. I had to pick up a prescription at Harmon’s today and the shelves were pretty well stocked again with a few exceptions. I think the panic buying is waning now.

2 Likes

I always figured I’d give it a week and a half. People would run out of both storage space and money and all would be well.

1 Like