SMU football

SMU looking decent on offense. Defense on the other hand, does not look so great. But then again neither team’s defense looks great.

Still a couple of minutes left in the 1st qtr: SMU 10 BYU 7

Good lord, this is a terrible football game.

4 Likes

Yes, it is. The announcers aren’t all that good either.

1 Like

This is like watching the Utah high school game of the week on some third-rate cable channel

Yeah these pre-Christmas bowl games are poorly announced, let alone poorly played. I’m so glad that our Utes are at the Rose Bowl.

Watched some of the Celebration Bowl. Couldn’t watch for long because the announcers were BAD. They may have known the game of football, but holy crap they couldn’t do much in the way of announcing.

1 Like

This SMU tean is horrible. Losing to a BYU team that is playing like its 4th-string QB.

1 Like

Remember the color commentator is ex Fork QB Brock Osweiler with his grammatically incorrect tattoo on his arm encouraging himself to “live life to IT’S fullest”.

4 Likes

Well, when you have the New Mexico Bowl, younget ESPN’s #10 commentating lineup.

1 Like

Who the announcers think is a Heisman front runner, apparently.

2 Likes

The guy is a pretty good runner, but he can’t pass at all.

And somehow SMU manages to lose. Well, get ready to hear from the local media and Y fans how this big win springboards BYU to a big season in the Big 12 next year.

3 Likes

SMU is a CUSA school. The Zoobs won’t be having any sort of instant success next season.

Just make sure you got the bottles of Ketchup ready to give them when they will inevitably be eating that crow.

2 Likes

Both teams looked bad. SMU lost to a team with a QB that could not throw an accurate pass.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t call SMU a CUSA school, they are a legit AAC or Sunbelt team. . .

That being said. . . BYU will have to fight tooth and nail just to become bowl eligible. My guess is BYU goes 4-8 in their first year of Big12 football. BYU doesn’t look ready. I hope I am wrong and BYU surprises me with another bowl win next year!

Yeah. . . The WRs were not really helping out much either. Very poor pass game all around. BYU’s best pass play was the Pick 6 that was desperately needed cause the offense was on the struggle bus all 2nd half.

This win is not a springboard. . . BYU is in serious rebuild and adjustment mode.

1 Like

You were also down a ton of good players on both sides of the ball. I thought it was an impressive effort on D. Roster will change after gaining health and some transfer portal guys. The question will be how healthy you stay next year. Two incredibly easy games to start, then Arkansas before conference. Like every year when you are healthy you can play with most teams. Based on our early experience it’s late October to November you need to watch out for when transitioning to P5.

BYU won the New Mexico Bowl playing against SMU. Okay. Happy for Kalani who seemed to need it. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

So am I. Despite a little eyeroll action on my part, i don’t even mind hearing again about BYU beating SMU in the1980 Holiday Bowl after an amazing comeback. No one under age 50 remembers that game, but whatever floats their boat.

4 Likes

At least the Catholics didn’t sneak in and win this one. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes