Sexual assault report on Greek row

Just sharing this as a public service. It came in my e-mail because I am technically a U. faculty member (just barely).

This weekend, University of Utah Police were notified of a reported sexual assault that occurred at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house located at 1417 East 100 South on Thursday, September 29, 2022. A student reported going to the fraternity house with friends. The victim remembers feeling sick, nauseous, and as if they had been drugged. They were taken to a local hospital where they reported being sexually assaulted.

In response to this report, the hospital staff and University Police contacted the Salt Lake City Police Department to notify them of the incident. That department is now leading the investigation into the incident. While the fraternity house falls within the university’s federally required geographic reporting area, the location is off-campus and within the Salt Lake City Police Department’s jurisdiction. If you know anything about this incident, please call the Salt Lake City Police at 801-799-3000, to provide information for any future investigation.

If you have been harmed by sexual assault, please reach out to the university’s victim-survivor advocates (VSAs). To make an appointment: call 801-581-7776, or email advocate@sa.utah.edu. This weekend, University of Utah Police were notified of a reported sexual assault that occurred at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house located at 1417 East 100 South on Thursday, September 29, 2022. A student reported going to the fraternity house with friends. The victim remembers feeling sick, nauseous, and as if they had been drugged. They were taken to a local hospital where they reported being sexually assaulted.

In response to this report, the hospital staff and University Police contacted the Salt Lake City Police Department to notify them of the incident. That department is now leading the investigation into the incident. While the fraternity house falls within the university’s federally required geographic reporting area, the location is off-campus and within the Salt Lake City Police Department’s jurisdiction. If you know anything about this incident, please call the Salt Lake City Police at 801-799-3000, to provide information for any future investigation.

If you have been harmed by sexual assault, please reach out to the university’s victim-survivor advocates (VSAs). To make an appointment: call 801-581-7776, or email advocate@sa.utah.edu.

My daughter was in the Greek system until just 3-4 years ago and I walk my dogs past this house almost daily, so this hit me harder than these reports usually do. This sort of behavior needs a hammer in response. Glad the SPLD is on this one.

PIKE has a really bad reputation as a frat. They’ve been on probation before. It seems like anytime there’s an issue with a frat it’s almost always PIKE that’s involved. It would not surprise me if they lose their charter.

1 Like

When I was an undergrad the Beta house were the bad boys. My daughter told me of PiKap behavior she new about that sounded downright predatory.

1 Like

My son is a Beta - boy have things changed. Spence Eccles is a Beta so he cleaned it up big time. He actually owns the house and has very stringent rules, which I as a parent liked (not so much my son).