Semi-interesting news from the Land of Enchantment

Yeah. He didn’t like Utah at all and my general impression during his tenure at the Y was that he was pretty sanctimonious. Since his departure I’ve seen some really good sides of him and my guess is that he’s happy that BYU is in his rearview mirror.

5 Likes

Of all the coaches at byu in basketball and football, I can only think of two that I actually liked (in my time being a fan of Utah sports)

Tony Ingle
Kalani Sitake.

2 Likes

Goes back to Jim McMahon’s famous quote about his favorite memory of BYU…

“Leaving.”

6 Likes

It’s official. Bronco’s a Lobo, woof! woof! woof!

11 Likes

Question:

If Bronco is caught drinking a virgin pina colada at Trader Vic’s, will his hair be perfect? :wink:

10 Likes

I remember LoboMan sharing some pretty creative photoshops of Bronco. It would be fun if he dropped by to tell us what he thinks about his new coach.

12 Likes

I hope that New Mexico gets a Big XII invite.

2 Likes

I have to confess that I have been thinking about revising my opinion of Bronco. It seems to me that the oddball Bronco we saw while he was in Provo was trying to play a role in order to please the diehard fanbase there. He wasn’t very good at it, so he came across as odd, or even sanctimonious. (I found him insufferable.) Let’s see which Bronco emerges as the Lobos coach.

3 Likes

Bronco is flat-out a better head coach than Kalani, by a country mile. In fact , I’m willing to chip in for a lifetime contract for Kalani.

9 Likes

Story;
Bronco booted a Bingham kid (friends of ours) from his summer camp when the kid told a reporter that Utah was in his top 3 (the reporter asked for his top 3), along with Oregon and of course BYU.
The young man was a 4* LB and had a ton of offers. BM told him he would only have players who were 100% committed to the program and would run through walls for him. Told him to pack his sh** and get out.
The kid’s dad was beyond pissed (former All-WAC DT/DE at Hawaii) and was heading down to Provo to “talk” with the coaching staff before his wife and daughter (BYU volleyball player) talked him down.

Yeah, BM is a weird dude.

4 Likes

That fan was a grade A punk.

2 Likes

I like the kid behind him who appears like a lion.

1 Like

I agree. There’s no excuse for any fan to confront anyone from the opposite team - or fans.
Leave it to the players and leave it on the field.

2 Likes