RIP Betty White

What a way for 2021 to end. Bummer.

Bummer. I was pretty convinced she’d last forever.

2 Likes

I’m very happy for the extra 20 years we got out of her, some of her best stuff came in those 20 years.

1 Like

A sad end to a sad year in a long line of bad years.

3 Likes

I will need to add a 2021 shirt to the daughter’s 2020 shirt I got her.

Betty White was an American treasure. She will be missed.

Wife and daughter are binge watching Betty White’s shows.

4 Likes

Sad way to end the year. She was a national treasure, just as @Greginslc stated.

3 Likes

Picked up a couple of these today

2 Likes

If you weren’t old enough to watch her as Sue Ann Nivens in The Mary Tyler Moore Show, easily one of the top five sitcoms of all time, you missed out. She was awesomely funny.

News from a woman’s point of view

7 Likes

She was fantastic on the Mary Tyler Moore show.

3 Likes

1 Like

Saw her on SNL redux last night. Took some of the sting out of the game.
She’s so spicy!

2 Likes

This did it for me:

3 Likes

Very good, but I do believe laugh tracks are heretical to comedy. Love how 30 Rock and Parks and Recs plus other shows figured out that the audience can decide for themselves and the LT takes time away from ensuing repartee

2 Likes

Golden Girls never used a laugh track.

2 Likes

Audience prompting?

Slanderous. Those women killed it on the daily. Maybe one of the top 5 TV comedies of all time

1 Like

I stand accused.

1 Like

1 Like

The best of the best comedies where there are audible laughs all were filmed or taped before live audiences. All in the Family, MTM, Seinfeld, The Golden Girls, etc. The one exception may be MASH, but I’m not as big a fan of that as many. It got tired. As you say, 30Rock, Parks & Rec, The Office, etc. respected their audiences enough to not make them think they were supposed to laugh at specific lines. In the case of 30Rock, how would that work? Some of the funniest jokes on each show were “drive by” jokes that you almost have to rewind the DVR to catch because you weren’t sure you really heard it.

The lowbrow comedies like Two Broke Girls that think we should be buckled over with a fart joke annoy me.

2 Likes

The lowbrow comedies like Two Broke Girls that think we should be buckled over with a fart joke annoy me.

Exactly…