Revenge between tribes- Utes Vs. Aztecs

Our uniforms look like we are trying to out Aztec the Aztecs. They could have used Marshall Faulk for this uni reveal.

Sweet! Mataā€™afa looks great in that uni.

Since itā€™s Ute Proud week, Iā€™ll bet very few people know Utes and Aztecs are actually related, in the same language family. Pretty sizable family, a lot of different areas represented. Eg, the Pima and Papago have been in the Valley of the Sun for 5000+ years. Another interesting fact is the Comanche broke off from the Eastern Shoshone from Wyoming.

Uto-Aztecan languages - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Thanks Cliff Clavin ! Just kidding. Actually very interesting

2 Likes

lol - got me. :wink: Iā€™m a anthropology nerd, and an aviation nerd. Jealous of your gig!

Thatā€™s why there is a Uto-Aztecan language group. BTW, the Comanches were one group you did not mess with. Google ā€œEmpire of the Summer Moonā€ to get a measure of their vicious warfare methods. The Comanches were actually rolling back the frontier for a while.

Iā€™m very fortunate to have my gig, not a lot of people get to say they still enjoy their jobšŸ˜

As far as Iā€™m concerned that center stripe could be the norm for every helmet they wear. I love it.

1 Like

I saw somewhere that the spread is around 25 points in Utahā€™s favor.

I remember being highly surprised when looking at indigenous language families and seeing that Navajo (Dineā€™) is tied to the Athabascan languages in Canada, and that our dominant tribeā€™s language iss part of the Uto-Aztecan familyā€¦

2 Likes

Wait, so am I reading this right? The Chumash in true Southern Californian fashion had a language only they spoke?

1 Like