Regular season awards

Because my opinion is the only thing that matters I give you my Utes 2021 regular season awards

MVP: Can Rising.
Utes most complete QB since…Alex Smith? Without Risen I’m not sure the Utes are Bowl eligible - Nuff said.

Most Improved: Bam Olaseni
Cannot believe I’m saying this but yea, this guy is a freak. I never thought it would happen but… It’s happening! Do not be surprised if he’s a high draft pick.

Newcomer: Cole Bishop.
Mark my words, he will be the heart and soul of the Ute team in a year or two.

Best Coach: Kwhitt
This is a tough one. Harding has made a strong push in the second half of the season, Scalley has not given up a lot of points on defense and Ludwig has used most of his weapons with his play calling.
But Honestly, I think Kwhitt is starting to truly figure it out as a coach. He’s trusting others and the results are a more dynamic team.

My disappointments
Special Teams - we can all agree with this

LB depth. Calvert brothers and Tafuga (all 4 stars) have for the most part been not seen the field.

Clark Phillips. Great person, good CB, but not the player I was hoping our highest every ranked recruit would be.

Xavier Carlton???

No WR’s. Utes have a QB and I guess a decent OL. Where are the Wr’s???

4 Likes

I think the MVP goes to Tavion Thomas. Dude was lights out once he stopped fumbling.

3 Likes

I can’t argue with much. Whittingham is best coach probably this year for his leadership during and after the Aaron Lowe death.

Here’s a tough one. . .best tight end. Kincaid is probably the best catcher, Kuithe the best at getting open. Fotheringham is not far behind either, and they are all great blockers.

2 Likes

I think you have to say Covey is the best receiver. Or at least the most often targeted. Solo Enis is probably the best blocking receiver.

2 Likes

Ethan Calvert was lost to injury after the first game.

Josh’s knee injury sounds like it was a beast to recover from, guessing he’s just getting back to full speed.

1 Like