Really people?

WTF is wrong with people?

How many of us remember solving our differences with words, or at worst fists? I remember it starting to escalate to knives when I was in 9th grade. When did firearms have to get involved for the most stupid of crap?

We’re into the 1st week of May, and Rocky Mount, NC is showing murder rate (not just firearms) similar to Durham, Chicago, and Baltimore. I dug it up on the FBI site awhile back when Rocky Mount had a similar stretch a couple of years ago. Things haven’t changed much. 2 years ago 2 people I knew were killed via violence in RM. No one I know now has been, but that doesn’t make it any better. It just saddens me at how so little human life means to some people.

I know that there are no simple answers. Take away guns, then only the criminals will have them. Give guns back to everyone, perhaps that’ll put the fear of God into everyone. I don’t really know. I have my ideas about HOW we got here, but not the why (aside from the lack of value of life).

This shooting happened at the Chili’s we go to once in a great while. I doubt it’s going to be open in the immediate future. So, there are 50 people out of work because of some idiocy. Those families are going to suffer because of the perpetrator. Sad really.

Hmmmm. I’m there twice a month,I guess I’ll have to hold a mirror under their noses to see if im talking to a computer generated bot or an actor. They could be the same actors that participated in the Sandy Hook shooting!! Apparently I’m in on it also.

5 Likes

I always thought it was suspicious that there was both an Austria and an Australia. Whoever made up the latter, that’s just lazy writing.

3 Likes

SMH. How many of these flat earthers are really just saying this crap just to get a reaction? I mean, how else can this “conspiracy” be perpetuated for so long?

2 Likes

Reminds me of the joke Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 with four ships the

Nīna
Pinta
Santa Maria
Pride of Eastern Europe

You never hear about the Pride of Eastern Europe because it sailed off the edge. :wink:

3 Likes

I like this free-thinker who does a pretty good job explaining the flat-earthers:

There is really not much about Flatearthers that is worth discussing in terms of their actual view of the world– their ideas are pure idiocy. The group is only interesting as a sociological phenomenon, as an expression of a saturated discontent with modernity, and a mode of simulated grief — a demand for a remix of facts and fictions. Their existence is the most resolute no-confidence vote on modernity.

One Day the Day Will come when the Day Won’t Come | notesfromdisgraceland (wordpress.com)

1 Like