Preseason AP Poll

My bad. I hear ya. The only thing is they have proven not to be. Being slotted high early is an advantage dominant teams have. It allows for a misstep and shot in the Playoff. Being out of top 25 is a climb. Being in the top 10 is a major advantage.

A win at the Swamp is probably worth jumping a couple of teams.

3 Likes

Yeah, I moved to Utah the first time in 1985, one year after you know what. I came in open-minded to the whole Utah-BYU-p thing, with no preferences, and it took about one week for me to dislike everything about them. Nothing has changed,

4 Likes

Pretty much the same story here. When I moved here I had never even heard of byu. But my dislike for them was all brought on by themselves.

3 Likes

I grew up here poat 84 and was always annoyed with their arrogance. Which is why i will be cautious on rank. I donā€™t want to be arrogant.

3 Likes

Which teams? Clemson? ATM? Notre Dame? Maybe Notre Dame.

This is all noise right now. Letā€™s see where we are on the win-loss after U$C. If we are 7-0 after that game, things will start to come clearer.

Before we get to U$C, the road games at ASU, and UCLA stand out at possible tripping spots. Yes, we have owned Chip 2.0, but playing on the road always offers challenges. ASU, though running on auto pilot, has proven hard to beat in their own house - even when they suck.

Then again, nothing in the ā€œConference of Cannibalsā€ comes easy.

7 Likes

ESPN Power Rankings

Weā€™re #6 here, and weā€™re the most important game for two other teams, according to ESPN. Interesting.

9 Likes

To know them, is to hate them.

6 Likes

Josh Pate usually knows his stuff but two Big 1G teams?

Donā€™t know anything about Josh Pate, but yeah, 2 BIG teams? Seems odd. Still, itā€™s all just speculation for at least the next 2 months, maybe up until teams are announced.

2 Likes

Nothing like a ā€œWay too Earlyā€ prediction. Guy must be looking to move the lines on a few teamsā€¦like Utahā€¦and Bitchagain.

2 Likes

Maybe Pate thinks that Georgia lost too much on D. I wonder if Bennett can carry the offense.

1 Like

Josh Pate is the 247 Sports podcast guy. Heā€™s really solid and seems to have a ton of contacts with HCs as they seem to be retweeting and going on his show a bunch. Heā€™s got a pretty decent show that seems to not try and alienate any fanbase:

1 Like

May have to check him out.

1 Like

Itā€™s been more than four hours. Should I seek immediate medical attention?

1 Like

HAHAHA. I would love to see a 2009 Sugar Bowl rematch in LA.

1 Like

It will be the biggest and loudest crowd ever to be at RES I think. It will be fun to see how many false starts Southern Cal gets in that game.

3 Likes

Utah getting big run on Gameday for being a playoff team.

The hype machine is all over the Utes.

6 Likes